No Fish Burps and You Can Too!

Posted by Reviewer1375018 on Jun 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My blood pressure has dropped significantly since taking fish pills--something I noticed quite by accident. It takes months to see the results, but I have found that once there, the prescribed amount of 3 grams per day will keep the blood pressure steady. Any half way decent brand will accomplish this. The downside of the treatment was having to tolerate, like a persistent and annoying telemarketer, the unwanted visitation of the fish pills after ingestion. However, the angels were with me and I discovered Jarrow fish oil formulas. Jarrow has canceled production of The Return of the Fish Pill--that dreaded sequel feared by so many consumers. In addition, these pills are pharmaceutical grade, which filters out the mercury and other heavy metals that are on the increase in our fish supply. And best of all, they are a good price for all these benefits.

well-balanced

Posted by Reviewer3073531 on Jul 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Useful for rheumatoid arthritis : anti-inflammatory (Sorry my english is so bad)

Very helpful

Posted by Reviewer1431798 on Dec 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Perfect concentrated amount of EPA/DHA to be able to experiment with how you may respond to omega-3 supplementation without having to take 10 capsules daily (which usually has some annoying side effects like almost constantly tasting fish, and possibly reflux and/or nausea). This product has been seen to have an excellent antidepressant effect in myself - most notably a dopamine enhancing effect, and therefore a reduction in mental and physical fatigue and demotivation. I cannot ascribe improvement to placebo effect because I was taking the product hoping it would help with some dry skin. After taking around 5 capsules daily I noticed I needed far lower (or zero) dose of other supplements I take for depression (l-tyrosine, for example - a dopamine precursor). I started looking around the literature for omega-3 effects on dopaminergic function, and, of course, this effect has been studied and noted. I suspect I've had an omega-3 deficiency for many years. I now only need around 2 capsules daily to maintain the effect.

Omega 3's

Posted by Reviewer2020492 on Jan 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Sometimes I get a fishy burp with this product.

great company

Posted by Reviewer2165407 on Mar 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Jarrow products are consistently good this one is no exception!

Good EPA-DHA Content in One Gel Capsule

Posted by laurencearcon on Jun 06, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This product has a considerable amount of DHA-EPA in one gel capsule and it has a good strawberry flavor that does not leave a fishy smell when you burp after taking it. I am allergic to gluten, and this one contains no gluten at all making it suitable for me. I take two capsules per day, and this helps me get the proper amount of omega 3 in a day. I highly recommend it for it's quality and price.

Used to be good. Last bottle was rancid, even when stored in the refrigerator.

Posted by Reviewer2017006 on Mar 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Jarrow's used to be my go-to brand for quality at a good price. But my last bottle of this fish oil has forced me to reconsider. I always store my fish oil in the refrigerator. Even so, I started noticing heartburn from my last bottle of capusles, which in the past has been a sign of rancid capsules. After cutting one open, sure enough it had "turned." Tests on several others capsules were the same. Jarrow's was responsive when I wrote to notify them of the issue. They even sent a prepaid shipping label with which I returned the remaining half bottle of capsules. That was 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back yet (I've sent a follow-up email). Even if they had immediately sent a replacement bottle -which they probably should have-- the fact that a whole bottle that was stored in my refrigerator, in the winter when chances for shipping heat are the lowest went bad doesn't say much about their product. Whether it was the quality control, the anti-oxidants they do or don't use in the capsules, or something else, the reported risks of rancid oil have caused me to look elsewhere for my next purchase.

Fish oil

Posted by Reviewer2471266 on May 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Yup it's high quality fish oil at a good price. Subjectively the fish oil feels the same as most but i stand by jarrow's quality. Check it out

Happy with all Jarrow Products

Posted by Reviewer1612670 on Dec 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Great product that I purchase repeatedly; does not "repeat" as other brands do. Good value.

Quality Fish Oil

Posted by Reviewer1075408 on Mar 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've been noticing improvements associated with supplementation of fish oil. Jarrow is the main brand I trust.