FamilE reduced value

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 17, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Unfortunately, FamilE no longer contains lutein and pantetheine. It is still a good blend of all 8 forms of vitamin E, but is no longer the excellent value it once was.

Another top of the line Jarrow formula.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is the only vitamin e product you'll ever need. I have done much, much research and there are few products that are as well balanced (containing all e's) and inexpensive...this is it. A necessity IMO

There are much better products out there.

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is a comprehensive blend of all 8 Vitamin E (tocopherol & tocotrienols) in the family! Vitamin E is fat soluble and well known for its antioxidant power in the cardiovascular system. It helps to protect the heart and cells from damage and provides significant protection against cancer as well. This product is good for most people as the supplements/food use only d alpha tocopherol or even worse, the synethic form dl alpha tocopherol. D alpha tocopherol is ranked only the 6th in antioxidant power among the 8 and constantly taking only 1 Vitamin E will deplete the other vitamin E in the body. Each vitamin comes with its own benefits and only in a complex form; its potency is greatly increased (just like vitamin B complex). The softgels are made of gelatin (not for vegan), small and easy to swallow. It also contains cheap soybean oil which is not healthy. Another downside is that it does not list the amount of weight for each individual Vitamin E. This product used to have a better formula which was cheapened and the price had increased greatly as well. Since Vitamin E is fat soluble, it is best to take with a meal containing healthy fats. There are currently other better Vitamin E on the market. Check out my page for more reviews!

causes mood problems for this depressive, try Toco-Sorb

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have no idea why, but every time I tried taking this, my mood would tank. The product looks excellent in theory; on and off, I went through two bottles. As a result I almost gave up on tocotrienols, but then I tried Jarrow's Toco-Sorb, which has very little tocopherol. If anything my mood *improved* with that product. I am interested primarily in the neuroprotective properties of tocotrienols.

Good product but not as potent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this product for years and it is not as good as it used to be. First they removed Lutein and Zeaxanthin from the formula. On my recent order I noticed that the have reduced the palm fruit distillate from 100mg to 38mg. I may not reorder this product in the future.

The only vitamin E I will use

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

It has all the eight forms of tocopherols + tocotrienols. Can't do better than that for a good price. I'm very sensitive to vitamin deficiencies and this really hit the spot. Especially, since Lyme causes vit E deficiency.

Great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Contains all the 8 different compounds of vitamin e in good ratios! I like it, one of the best vit e supplements out there.

Great Vitamin E

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These have much more gamma E than other brands... I am using these for a detox regemin so gamma is preferred. So far I'm happy with these.

Great Vitamin E

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Great form and source of Vitamin E. Jarrow is usually top notch and does it's research when it creates a product. Noticed my skin and nails are already looking better.

Mrs.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 30, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is the only vitamin E with all eight of the members of the vit. E family

1 2 3