BV gone

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 31, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It really works ladies.Been suffering for a very long time from BV and prefere not to touch antibiotics and this is the only way to keep it at bay and makes me feel fresh there under.

"EVERYTHING IS NORMAL!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

VERY LONG BUT OH WELL. WARNING: TMI!: Let me start off by saying I have struggled with chronic, recurring Bacterial Vaginosis and yeast infections for 6 years. I've also had two Group B Infections. I tried the antibiotics, I did everything the doctor told me to do and not do, I even bought a $40 bottle of colloidal silver, and nothing worked! It either went away temporarily or didn't go away at all. I have agonized for years with the fishy odor, the burning pain during and after sex, the itching, the MISERY. The constant, never-ending misery that this causes lowered my self-esteem even more and made me hate sex because it was nothing but pain for me. I just wanted to know WHY? WHY ME? No one else I knew had this problem. For months now I have researched different homeopathic remedies for this problem but was always afraid to try them because it didn't come from a doctor. Finally, I decided to go for it because I was sick and tired of my symptoms. I bought the hydrogen peroxide, apple cider vinegar, etc. I used it and afterward experienced a pain/intense itching. After further research, I decided to buy Jarrow's Formula Femdophilus. I received my bottle and used them orally as well as vaginally. I did 4x a day for a week (two orally, two vaginally), 3x a day for a week (one orally, two vaginally), then 2x a day for a week (vaginally except for when I started my period and I took them orally twice a day). I know the packaging says do it 1x a day then work up to 2x a day but I did it differently in my desperation to get rid of this MONSTER. At first, I noticed no improvement and the constant ITCHING caused by me using the hydrogen peroxide/vineger and not inserting good bacteria afterward. But as I continued to take Femdophilus, I noticed the itching was going away, I didn't have a fishy odor, and I didn't have an excessive discharge. After about a month or so of taking Femdophilus, I had an appointment with my out of town, out of state SPECIALIST gynecologist (I was sent there because my regular doctor didn't know what else to do to help me), and when he did his exam, he said EVERYTHING LOOKED NORMAL! It has been almost two weeks and he has not called saying I have an infection and I received a post card in the mail stating my pap smear was normal. DO YOU KNOW HOW AMAZING IT FEELS TO BE TOLD EVERYTHING IS NORMAL AFTER 6 YEARS OF AGONIZING PAIN/BURNING/ITCHING/ODOR/LOW SEX DRIVE?!?!?!?!?! IT FEELS AMAZING! And I know that it was the Femdophilus that worked because I ran out of it and after 4-5 days of not using it, all my symptoms were back. Thankfully, I got more and the symptoms are going away again. Here's what I do: Right now, I'm taking two Femdophilus vaginally (once in the morning, once at night) and I'm going to work my way down to once a day. When I start my period, I use them orally twice a day (once in the morning, once at night). After sex (I am in a committed, highly sexual relationship with my boyfriend and am on birth control pills. I hate condoms so we don't use them), I insert diluted hydrogen peroxide with a syringe or rinsed out douche bottle or diluted apple cider vinegar (unpasteurized). IMMEDIATELY afterward, I insert two Femdophilus. This helps keep me from getting an infection from the pH imbalance that semen causes. The hydrogen peroxide or vinegar burns a bit, but compared to the burn and itch of BV and yeast, it's nothing! If it bothers you badly, highly dilute it. BUT MAKE SURE to insert the Femdophilus IMMEDIATELY after "douching." I know doctors say no douching but hydrogen peroxide is naturally produced by the vagina and vinegar is pretty safe. The only reason doctors say no to douching is because it kills the bad bacteria but also kills the GOOD bacteria. By inserting Femdophilus immediately afterward, it keeps you from getting imbalanced because of the douche. THANK GOD FOR THE CREATION OF THIS PRODUCT! IT HAS SAVED MY SEX LIFE AND GOT RID OF MY HORRIBLE, CONSTANT SYMPTOMS!

Success with Fem-Dophilus

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

After several years of taking antibiotics for a chromic urinary tract infection, plus probiotics to help rebuild what the antibiotics were kiling off, the antibiotics seemed to loose their effectiveness. About that time, I read about Fem-Dophilus. I have been taking Fem-Dophilus, along with i-Flora, scFOS (short chain fructooligosaccharides) and Lactobacillus Acidophilus for over two years (and no antibiotics). My urologist is still amazed that my cath. urine microscopic exams show no harmful bacteria. I have almost forgotten how miserable I used to feel when antibiotics weren't controlling the condition.

Amazing!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

As someone who not only was having repeat yeast and UTI's throughout the year but also dealing with "abnormal" PAP and stage 1 cervical cancer..... the results were AMAZING! I have been on the product for about 9 months and not 1 infection and my PAP's have returned to normal after being abnormal for over 18 months prior to this product! I believe this product restored balance to my body and man I do not miss infections and best of all I am cancer FREE!!

Was not shipped with ice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The description was dishonest. The item was not shipped with ice. The box didn't even have an ice pack but just packing paper in a small cardboard box. The pills are unusable as they've been in transit in the hot summer sun for 3 days. I have contacted customer service and will update this review when I hear a response back.

Finally a product that works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 07, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have been suffering from chronic candida for 6 years. After taking every herb under the sun, doing numerous cleanses and strict no sugar diets, i have finally found something that actually works. I take femdophilus once a day. I have not had thrush in 3 months now and for me this is a miracle. I would highly recommend for anyone with the same problem.

Does Nothing for Me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

After reading all the rave reviews about this product, I was convinced it would help my bv crisis. I went ahead and ordered a 60 capsules bottle. When it arrived, the ice pack was melted and hot, so I maybe that alone killed off all the good bacteria...I won't be buying it again. It's too expensive to risk losing the effectiveness.

Finally, relief

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I had a two month bacterial vaginal infection and this is the stuff to finally get rid of it. I searched high and low on-line and various sites and blogs listed this particular stuff as helping innumerable women with the same condition. I had tried two different antibiotics from my doctor which didn't help and only made things worse, as well as countless other natural approaches. The particular strains of probiotics are specific to the vaginal environment. Don't hesitate - relief is available!

USELESS

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Before i placed my order the page DID NOT SAY THAT IT MIGHT COME WARM. I was told i would get my item within two days, not 4 days later. the ice was completely melted! The product is ruined, and does not work at all compared to my last bottle which was kept cold. They wont even respond to my email, save your money and buy somewhere else!

I Love Fem-Dophilus

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This stuff is wonderful!!! I have been fighting BV and urinary tract infections for a year now and... gone! My hair and nails are growing faster and my skin is smooth! This product was shipped on ice and held in a refrigerator at the post office until I could pick it up. Shipping as always was right on time.