Great for the skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 14, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have had problems with oily skin and acne for a long time. I was surprised but happy to see that this product actually helps! Skin gets really smooth and acne is much better. And I can actually see the effect within hours. It does not taste very good, but I can live with it.

Great protein supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been supplementing protein with a high quality brand soy/whey protein for about three years, I noticed significant health improvements that could be solely attributed to increasing protein intake alone. But there was a price issue as each 450g bottle was about $50NZD and I went through at least one a month. Another issue that I learnt of only when I came across iHerb is the idea of fermented or pre digested soy. Soy Essence gives approximately the same % of protein per serving as my previous staple, but in honesty no one can really claim what the bio availability and ultimately assimilation of any protein is. I now prefer to take fermented soy, it provides full spectrum amino acids and I have not noticed any negative side effects since switching to fermented soy. This is not marketed as a protein supplement, but the intention is the same. I make sure to take this with another protein source (fermented goat, and whey) plus B complex and vitamin C to enhance protein absorption. The taste was not so palatable when I first tried it, but this was the same issue with the first ever protein I tried. This is mildly sweet and slightly gritty. I had been using Now Foods because I wanted to try the difference, this is far better as it does not contain fructose and has a lower fat content. PS - this has natural calcium/magnesium and selenium (plus digestive enzymes) so I get my hit of calcium without the need to reach for dairy products. It is great to see companies using fermentation and probiotics to create specific nutrient profiles.

Not for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I am allergy to soya product so I threw it away after few try.

Perimenopause and Menopause

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I started spotting, having mode swings and PMS for months. I have been taking Easy Change for years, which regulated my periods, but now I need something more. I tried more herbs, but then bled for 6 weeks. My ultrasound and biopsy are normal. I know that for me perimenopause is about balancing progesterone and estrogen. Doctors can only take blood many times in one months to see what is not balanced and practitioners who evaluate saliva can also determine which hormone is lacking. Instead, I bought Jarrow Fermented Soy and a wild yam cream - one is progesterone and the other estrogen. I found that the soy really helped me - and this is very individual. I received this product first and began immediately and my bleeding stopped, my breasts are no longer tender, and my mode/emotions are stabilized. I then got and tried the cream, which gave me hot flashes. By working this out without blood work or saliva tests by just trying the two hormones, I felt more empowered and could figure out what I needed. Maybe in the future, my balance will change and I'll need the wild yam cream. This period in life is very individual, but I do want to add that every menopause soy product I found was unfermented soy and that is why I did not take soy for years even though I understood its benefits for women going through this change in life. I tried Jarrows product to see if it offered the same benefits as soy products sold for menopause and found that it gave me the same benefits - and without the scary things associated with unfermented soy. So, I am really thankful. In addition to all the benefits (my bleeding stopped, my emotions are level, my breasts aren't tender...), I take this product with vanilla Good Karma whole grain brown rice milk and it quenches my sweet cravings as well as fills me and provides me with energy. I take two TBSP twice daily - the second one at 3pm where I always would go for a cookie and now feel so much better and my energy stays level through the rest of the day.

fermented is the best

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking soy protein but fermented soy is less heavy for my stomach and great sweet vanilla taste.

Excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is the best soy protein powder I have ever used. It is made with powdered fermented soy yogurt, with added enzymes and probiotics. It tastes excellent and mixes well. Use as a base for any smoothy or nutrition drink.

Delicious!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is the most delicious soy protein powder I have ever tasted. Mixed into smoothies, it is a winner! Mmmm, enjoy!

Nice product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Provides a good mid-afternoon boost to keep me going at work. Nice tasting. Doesn't need any sweetner. Just put a scoop in a shaker cup and add water.

Jarrow Fermented Soy Essence

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Soy protein is difficult to absorb; the enzymes in this product "pre-digest" it so that the body metabolizes it more efficiently and the body benefits!

Jarrow Fermented Soy Essence Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This powder goes into solution well and tastes delicious.

1 2 3 4