Dislike ferric iron, casein/succinylate and fillers - mixed results

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Feb 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Suggest not taking ferric iron at all - or take with vit C to help avoid inactivation of key enzymes (e.g. tyrosine hydroxylase). IPS is designed to get through the stomach unchanged to be absorbed in the duodenum - while it's not much casein, suggest it might be ample for sensitive systems - OR - something else about that IPS 'delivery system' is a bit much. I had mixed results taking this - few OK, others not (e.g. major discomfort with repeat but occasional use only), regardless of what I ate/took with it - I find ferrous sulphate less problematic. If you tolerate the casein/succinylate, studies support this form 'decreases both the prevalence and the duration of adverse events without prejudice for the clinical efficacy' (from one study re IPS vs ferrous sulphate). However - there are also studies that show persistent, unresolved iron deficiency responds to manganese - another strategy worth invesigating, especially if there's a history of medications/herbs that affect liver chemistry/function, including liver 'cleansing'. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Not what I expected

Posted by Reviewer1296428 on Aug 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have tried many different forms and brands of Iron due to anemia, I was not as satisfied with this product due to intestinal bloating.

The best Iron

Posted by Reviewer3137418 on Oct 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is the best form of Iron to take if one wants to avoid constipation from more commonly prescribed forms of Iron.I was severely anemic, and it is working remarkably well to bring my Iron and Ferritin levels back to normal. Jarrow has also been consistently reliable for me, and I highly recommend this one!

Great for anemia issues

Posted by Reviewer1929716 on Sep 15, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This iron is easily absorbed with no constipation. Take with some ester-C apart from other vit's for best absorption.

Iron that works

Posted by Reviewer2497885 on May 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Jarrow IronSorb lives up to it's name -- it absorbs well. Plus it's the only iron supplement I've ever tried that didn't cause constipation.

Be careful and take on a full stomach

Posted by Reviewer2442181 on Aug 31, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Product needs to be taken on a full stomach or you might get an upset tummy.

Unfortunately, has milk ingredients

Posted by Umbridge on Apr 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I probably just didn't read this carefully enough, but it's not vegan. It does appear to be vegetarian, but I wish they would omit the milk products.

Great potency and no digestive upset

Posted by Reviewer2184334 on Feb 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is a good form of iron and there were no problems with digestion. My husband's iron levels have been good since using this product for anemia.

Good Iron

Posted by Reviewer1802791 on Jan 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've had trouble with my body aborbing iron, but I do well with this one, and my blood tests show it. It's easy to take and for me doesn't have any negative side effects.

iron

Posted by Reviewer1268836 on Oct 19, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've taken IronSorb for a few years. It never causes constipation or stomach irritation.

1 2 3 4