Dislike ferric iron, casein/succinylate and fillers - mixed results

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Jan 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Suggest not taking ferric iron at all - or take with vit C to help avoid inactivation of key enzymes (e.g. tyrosine hydroxylase). IPS is designed to get through the stomach unchanged to be absorbed in the duodenum - while it's not much casein, suggest it might be ample for sensitive systems - OR - something else about that IPS 'delivery system' is a bit much. I had mixed results taking this - few OK, others not (e.g. major discomfort with repeat but occasional use only), regardless of what I ate/took with it - I find ferrous sulphate less problematic. If you tolerate the casein/succinylate, studies support this form 'decreases both the prevalence and the duration of adverse events without prejudice for the clinical efficacy' (from one study re IPS vs ferrous sulphate). However - there are also studies that show persistent, unresolved iron deficiency responds to manganese - another strategy worth invesigating, especially if there's a history of medications/herbs that affect liver chemistry/function, including liver 'cleansing'. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Not what I expected

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have tried many different forms and brands of Iron due to anemia, I was not as satisfied with this product due to intestinal bloating.

Unfortunately, has milk ingredients

Posted by Umbridge on Apr 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I probably just didn't read this carefully enough, but it's not vegan. It does appear to be vegetarian, but I wish they would omit the milk products.

Works Well

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I found this to be the best iron supplement that I've tried. I have a sensitive stomach and it didn't cause me any issues.

The best Iron

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is the best form of Iron to take if one wants to avoid constipation from more commonly prescribed forms of Iron.I was severely anemic, and it is working remarkably well to bring my Iron and Ferritin levels back to normal. Jarrow has also been consistently reliable for me, and I highly recommend this one!

Iron that works

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Jarrow IronSorb lives up to it's name -- it absorbs well. Plus it's the only iron supplement I've ever tried that didn't cause constipation.

Great for anemia issues

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 15, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This iron is easily absorbed with no constipation. Take with some ester-C apart from other vit's for best absorption.

Be careful and take on a full stomach

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 31, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Product needs to be taken on a full stomach or you might get an upset tummy.

Great Product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 08, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This is a great non-constipating source of iron.

Confidence

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 14, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I feel confident that this supplement is helping me with my extreme anaemia.

1 2 3 4