This stuff is a GOD SEND for IBS/LGS

Posted by Reviewer2028963 on Aug 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Long story short: lifelong stress created a gurgly and full-of-holes gut. My digestion was a mess, I'd have itching spells every morning before eliminating (for YEARS), I am allergic to just about all foods, etc. Really bad case of IBS/LGS for past 3 years. After a WEEK I could already tell something good was happening. I'm only on a solid month of this so far and I was able to convince my stubborn dad to start taking this as well. It says a LOT that he, too, feel his product is changing his gut and overall health for the better even after 1 week. Do research on L-Glutamine and see for yourself the miraculous benefits this stuff gives a body. It's simply a God send. My regret is that I didn't know about this 25 years ago to start the healing process before it got as bad as it did and did the damage it did. Update: Using this product and Jarrow's probiotics, I am LOSING WEIGHT and able to eat a nice big portion of food every day! I used to eat a handful of bites and immediately feel full and completely bloated. I KNEW I shouldn't be overweight at all with what I was eating. i was right. This has changed a lifelong issue. I can only pray it stays this way and doesn't somehow mobilize and stop working. but so far, amazingly great.

Great supplement for those with leaky gut or other problems with stomach

Posted by sweetheart on May 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This product helps to build tissue in your gut. If you suffer from allergies or food intolerances, this might help a lot. Doesn't have a strong flavor: compared to many other amino acids this one is very easy to drink.

IBS, Leaky Gut - this is helping!

Posted by 5362251400895935689 on May 16, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is a great product. Mild and pleasant taste. It dissolves very quickly and completely in water. Pharmaceutical grade, and produced by micro organisms (not synthetic). One of few products that has helped on my IBS. I am going to continue using this. I take sometimes three doses every day (between meals). You can get a little dizzy and unwell with that kind of dosage, because it overstimulates the brain cells. Do like me on your own risk. For those with leaky gut/IBS I recommend to take 250 mg. C-vitamin and 125 mg. of Bromelain and Quercetin before every meal. Choose a natural C-vitamin, e.g. Camu Camu powder, or other berry powder. C-vitamin is much more than just ascorbic acid. Ginko Biloba can also be good to take. Both C-vitamin, Quercetin and Ginko are supposed to calm down the gut. I have found that Ginko makes the side effects of glutamin worse, though. Oh, I almost forgot! Probiotics - a good and high strength one. Together With perhaps a good aloe vera juice. Again, this is a great product that works, and I see no reason to choose another brand. Good luck to all those that really needs this!

Pure, clean glutamine

Posted by tigercho on Aug 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This glutamine of all brands, has given me most benefits and NO side effects whatsoever, no irritability or mild reflux. It can be used to cope with stress, muscle loss from chronic illness and depression/lack of drive.

Love Glutamine...

Posted by Reviewer2883975 on Apr 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I suffer from LGS and have for several years. Glutamine has been a god-send. Since I started taking this product, my LGS has reversed and I rarely, if ever, suffer any symptoms. I take 3 heaping teaspoons a day with water on an empty stomach. Tastes great, no after taste. Love, love, love this product.

Energizing

Posted by Reviewer3250604 on Jun 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Is taking the product for its alleged benefits for healing the gut-lining but have noticed energy benefits along with mild appetite suppression. Feels good.

Fantastic!

Posted by Reviewer1754550 on Jun 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I'd been very ill for two years with headaches and dizziness etc. I had bought a generic l-glutamine from amazon during this time, but it didnt help at all, and so i didnt think i had leaky gut. Fortunately i tried this good quality glutamine at long last. and have made a big recovery. Saved my life! Note: L-glutamine degrades easily so you must be very careful to store it well and not any let moisture in. My glutamine stopped working and it took me a while to figure out that it had degraded from air or moisture, so I am now transfering a small amount to an air tight container and I am also careful to keep wet fingures away.

Wonderful for Healing Gut, Great Value

Posted by Reviewer2588465 on Jul 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this to help heal my gut as I was working with my doctor to get rid of an H Pylori infection. Now that infection is gone and we're working on getting rid of other infections and healing leaky gut. I'm taking a lot of these every day (between meals on an empty stomach is best.) He suggested I take 6 to 8 tablespoons daily as it is used on contact by the gut as needed. I have to take a lot in order to get some down to the lower intestines too! Great product, great price! I ordered the larger size this last time.

L-Glutamine, Jarrow Formulas.

Posted by Reviewer1642239 on Jan 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Since I take this product regulary (for three weeks or so), it seems that I have better digestif felling, and my abdomen is never painful (it was from times to times my problem...). So I would say, it is good for the intestines. As for the muscles, I do not really feel the difference.

Soothes my grumpy gut!

Posted by 5204653126972278964 on Mar 13, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I got this because I heard glutamine was good for IBS, and so far so good. At 5g a day, its very economical on the bank balance and I've had no tummy upsets since taking it. Fingers crossed this continues!