L-Tyrosine really helped my brain, Jarrow best I know of.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

At the recommendation of a holisticly inclined physician, I started taking this product along with P-5-P to help my brain recover normal function after years of damage due to Lyme disease. Aggressive treatment had stopped the disease, and I had regained a great deal of function. But the brain takes a long time to heal, and I particularly had trouble with processing incoming sensory data and in initiating response. To my surprise, L-Tyrosine turned that around. I wasn't sure at first, as I started a couple of other things at the same time. But when I stopped for a week or so, I really noticed the difference. Started up again, and immediately noticed the difference. My mood improved as well. If you are dealing with brain issues due to Lyme disease, your needs may differ as this disease affects everyone somewhat differently, especially when it comes to the brain. But for me, this sure helped.

Awesome product . . .

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I use this to help with thyroid function. When I use it, my low body temp (~96) goes up to 97.5 and higher, a sure sign that the thyroid is functioning better. L-tyrosine is great.

great quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 27, 2006 | Verified Purchase

i love Jarrow and this Tyrosine has made a big difference in my energy. i excercise a lot and was having major energy slumps and poor exercise recovery. this has helped me to be more stable and energized. I was ADDICTED to caffeine for energy and this has gotten me completely off coffee! it's a much better, natural energy lift/buzz. I use 1000mg on an empty stomach before exercise or when i need an energy lift.

Works Great for Me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have a history of depression and decided to try aminos instead of returning to drugs. The Tyrosine (and 5-HTP late in the day) have been nothing short of miraculous. Dosage varies...if I feel like crying or screaming, I take another one...if I get a little hyper, like too much caffeine feeling, I take fewer. Simply, overall, feel good with good energy. Certainly don't know if this would work for others, but it's been a revelation for me. Highly recommend. I knew it worked from the first day.

A good product, not to be mixed with other supplements

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This product is very good quality, but I recommend not taking it in conjunction with other, similar supplements. When I combine it with the other supplements, I get a headache, but when I take it alone, it has the effect of an anti-depressant, without the side-effects of prescription medication.

Thyroid support

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Over the last three months I have been taking one capsule in the morning and one before sleep and my latest blood workup show a nice improvement in my TSH numbers.

Gives energy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This products gives a lot of energy but it gives me feelings of jittery and wakes me up in the night for 3 times.

Awesome product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Been using this for a few years now in conjuction with an iodine-free mutivitamin to control my thyroid conditon. Works excellent! Works better than synthroid!

Great Tyrosine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have used several brands of tyrosine and jarrows works as well or better than others.

Mood Elevator

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Helps with depression, taken on an empty stomach.