Women watch out!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have been on milk thistle for about 1 year. I do not take other supplements except Omega 3 fish oil. I discovered lumps in both breasts and were really worried. Have them checked (ultrasound etc.) and found out that they are cysts. My doc asked me if I am on HRT. I said "NO". I told him I am on milk thistle for liver health. He told me that our body will recognize milk thistle as estrogen. I have too much estrogen and that leads to breast cysts. I stopped the milk thistle for about 3 weeks and the cysts have gone much smaller. Hope this helps.

the best milk thistle available

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product based on the fact that it was the only product of it's kind that passed Consumer Labs.com's potency and purity tests. All of the other brands failed. It has helped my liver enzymes return to normal. I had used other brands for the past 4 yrs, however they did not work for me. It pays to use Quality supplements. I only wished that i had researced this before using worthless products for those 4 yrs.

High Purity Milk Thistle

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product is of the highest purity. Jarrow is an Israeli company. They produce their formulas to the highest pharmaceutical purity. Only one complaint about this Milk Thisle; the amount of milligrams per capsule is low compared to other brands. In any event, I would recommend about 900 milligrams per day, thats 6 capsules per day. Remember there is no medically recorded toxicity for Milk Thistle, so you could go up to 2 grams a day (2000 milligrams).Milk thistle has an excellent ability to lower liver enzymes and is an anti-oxidant. Another Herb very close to Milk Thistle in it's properties is Picrorrhiza Kurroa. This is a Indian herb from the middle east. It also lowers liver enzymes and has no known toxicity in humans. Jarrow includes this herb in their liver formula's (Liver-PF). Other nutrients to consider when taking milk thistle are Alpha Lipoic Acid, Lecithin, CQ-10, and NAC. All these nutirents are anti-oxidants and help the liver in many different ways.

Jarrow

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 06, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Look in the London hospitals, Milk Thistle is used in the emergency room to support people's livers who've just returned from hunting mushrooms & ate the poisoned ones. It's a common treatment there that has been used effectively for years to my knowledge.

Reliable, good value

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I started taking silymarin 2 decades ago to protect my liver because of medicines prescribed for a variously diagnosed chronic illness. Six years ago my "mystery illness" was finally diagnosed as chronic Lyme disease, along with a couple other tick-borne diseases. Periodically since then I have been on intensive antibiotic regimens to control the infection (and a new one acquired last year). Because I take silymarin consistently, in all that time I have had only one "out-of-range" liver panel-- and that was due to an antibiotic (Ketek) that was subsequently pulled from the market because so many people were effected this way. Jarrow products are consistently highly rated in tests for reliability and consistency. You know if Jarrow says a certain amount of something is present, it is. Though other products claim a larger % of silymarin, I trust Jarrow.

good quality product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am a big fan of Jarrow's products. They are consistent quality products. I take their milk thistle regularly to support my liver function and have seen the benefits in my blood work as a result.

Jarrow M T

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Must rely on Consumer Lab - no way to tell about MT? Update: Not for women with fibroids. I know doc's recom for estrogen driven cancers and estrogen dom (it cleans liver, so important) but it can actually increase estrogen load. Metabl as estrogen.

Jarrow Formulas, Milk Thistle, 150 mg, 200 Capsules

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Jan 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

One of the few Milk Thistle products that Consumer Labs recently tested and found that its potency and strength matched what was actually on the label.

Mr. Ralph Yoas - consumer

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I use some prescription drugs that are hard on the liver. My liver functions are always good when I have physical exams

Long-term use

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I take a lot of medication for bipolar mood disorder. Doctor insists I take Silymarin to keep my liver in good shape, as the meds are metabolized by my liver.