Kicked me off my feet! Go SLOW with this.

Posted by Reviewer1704933 on Apr 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

While I know that SAMe is wonderful...I took one of these and aprox. 5 hours later I was having horrific heart palpitations,dizziness,anxiety, pounding heart rate and panic attacks. The effects lasted several days. I was told by someone very knowledgable that this could mean that I may be very deficient of SAMe, which would explain my reaction. I just don't know if I could go through that again! He suggested to titrate slowly. I know I am an over methylator, this added to the intense reaction. Just be very careful. If you are sensitive go very low doses to begin with. I should have tried 25mg to start. It doesn't say potent for nothing! I love Jarrow products. I am still giving this 5 stars. My reaction by no means speaks poorly about the product itself.

Works excellent as mood enhancer

Posted by Reviewer1160172 on Nov 18, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I'm taking Jarrow Formulas, SAM-e 200 for the last 3 years and it is contunuing do deliver on tbe promise to help enhance my mood. The quality of this product is excellent, I can feel the difference.

SUPER! Depressed hubby feels better

Posted by Reviewer1521392 on Apr 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My depressed hubby is feeling much happier and in lighter much more fun spirits and more like he normally is....no jolty weird stuff, he just said I feel good, not depressed...hes laughing and acting crazy as usual...when he is not depressed...will use for a long time!

Very disappointed

Posted by Reviewer2381713 on Apr 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I took another brand of Sam-e for a long period of time, and saw very good results. I decided to go with this brand because of the alluring price, but it is not at all the same level of quality. Although I was taking Jarrow Sam-e to improve my mood and joint pain for four weeks, I had to stop. This product decreased my appetite, sent me into an emotional tailspin that never stopped, and I actually had a huge increase in joint pain! Very strange results-- would never use this product again.

Effective in the management of prolactin

Posted by Reviewer1492376 on Sep 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I started to take this for hyperprolactinemia as I read some research that claimed that SAM-e acted as a dopamine agonist. I put it to the test to see if it would affect the levels of prolactin in my blood. After six months of taking just one tablet per day my prolactin level has stabilised. I'm now taking 2 tablets per day and in six months time I will have more blood tests to see if levels have decreased. I stopped taking medication for this condition 10 months ago. Not only does it appear to be helping to manage prolactin I feel really good on it as there are so many other benefits including mood enhancement and liver detox. Definitely the right supplement for me! I also take an Agnus Castus tincture to manage prolactin

Good quality!

Posted by Reviewer2507624 on Oct 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

SAMe has greatly helped me with my back pains (I practically have no more pain), with my liver and my mood. However, if I take too much of SAMe for a long time, my mind gets too excited (I think too much and I do not sleep very well).

Repeat Customer

Posted by Reviewer2232653 on Jun 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Jarrow brand SAMe is the best, with a good price. I've tried other brands of SAMe and they didn't produce the same results. I have noticed much improvement in mood, clarity, & focus. Because I've had such good results from this product (quality), I am now using Jarrow's Adrenal & Anitoxidant Optimizers.

Amazing stuff. Very helpful!!!

Posted by Reviewer1015181 on Jan 06, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I love SAM-e. Started taking it after some very stressful events, and it was so helpful I have kept taking it. Jarrow seems to be a great brand.

Jarrow Formulas SAM-e 200

Posted by Reviewer3313418 on Aug 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have been on and off Zoloft for years. It worked well enough for years but the last time on it it actually caused me to be depressed, something called SSRI Induced Apathy Syndrome. I got completely off the Zoloft and started the SAM-e. I feel great. No side effects. I take 200mg twice a day. Even while on Zoloft and feeling good I was never an early riser. Since I've been on SAM-e I'm up around 6:30 and ready to hit the ground running. I also have osteoarthritis in my fingers. Can't say if it's having any affect on that yet but I'm hopeful. Don't know if this would be anyone else's experience but in the words of Joy Behar,"I'm just sayin'".

Very effective

Posted by Reviewer1579877 on Apr 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am a depressive. I have been forced to take an SSRI twice for periods of 8 months to a year because of depression. After some life stress I was on the verge of falling into another episode and had made an appointment with my Dr to talk about going back on some form of prescription anti-depressant. I had the SAM-e sitting on the shelf and thought I would give it a whirl over the 6 days prior to my appointment. I was pretty skeptical about its chances of working so there was no placebo belief of this being a miracle pill. However, I noticed my anxiety tail off hours after taking the first half tablet. I feel it totally turned me around and lifted me out of the black hole I was in. For now it seems to be much more effective than the SSRI I was taking, but without the very worrying side effects - weight gain, sweating, inability to engage in sexual activity... I already ordered some for my Mum who suffers from arthritis, fibromyalgia and mild depression ( pain induced ). This is good stuff.