Sam-e

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 13, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This product has enabled me to relax and renew myself after the loss of my husband to cancer. It has allowed me to feel that I can sleep more easily and cope with the stresses that go along with living alone again.

Peace of Mind

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 12, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Not all SAM-e products will work as effectively for each person. So sometimes you can purchase a brand that seems not to work, this is worthwhile to note. The Jarrow Formulas 400mg works well for me. Easily to swallow tablet, I take one first thing in the morning and 1 at bedtime for anxiety/depression related issues. Definitely hands down works for me. Don't forget to take a Vitamin B and Folate in the day time also. If this review was helpful, please like the post.

Jarrow SAM-e

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 30, 2006 | Verified Purchase

I have been using the Jarrow SAM-e for the past 3 years and I've noticed a significant difference overall. My energy level has increased. I no longer have bouts of depression. My appetite has decreased which has helped me to control my weight.

Really superb quality.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2006 | Verified Purchase

I've tried several brands of SAM-e, but I'm glad I started with this one. The consistency and quality of the Jarrow Formulas is worth the few extra dollars a box, no question. I know this sounds silly, but the pills even feel better-made on the tongue.

Amazing!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This product could quite possibly change your life. It did mine. I was skeptical at first, but a month of continuous use transformed me into a believer (and a much happier person). I've never really needed a prescription strength anti-depressant, but certainly wanted something to boost my often gray mood. SAM-E does the trick and I think that Jarrow offers the best formula available!

Excellent quality and effectiveness

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 27, 2006 | Verified Purchase

i love this product. My N.D. suggested is use this for mood lift and depression. i tried the lower dosage for awhile, but this higher dosage made a big difference. my energy and moods are much more stable. i don't fall into engery and mood slumps like i used to. MUCH happier.

I feel much better

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was struggling with the mood changes that come with peri-menopause, and feeling like I really needed some help. SAM-E was just the help I needed. I find myself so much more positive, and motivated to make changes in my life. I have been taking it for 6 weeks now, and in the last two weeks I wonder if I need to cut back the dose to 200 mg as I feel a little agitated in the afternoon sometimes, but over all I am much better.

shocked!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

while taking this for 7 days, i became very depressed and lost all energy. just wanted to sleep. i thought the opposite would occur. the day i stopped taking it i felt a little better. took about 3 days to feel at my average. im now taking st johns wort. sadly its needed 3xs a day, but i do feel a difference. my normal heavy dragging feeling is really lighting up.

Works for me!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have struggled with depression most of my life. I have taken "tons" of prescription meds--a couple have helped at the maximum dosage, but most have not. I have been needing help, but hated to go to a doc and get back on prescriptions. I researched SAM-e and decided to give it a try. I could tell very quickly that something was happening. Made me feel "funny", but I considered that a good thing. Because of my severe depression and needing maximum dosages of prescriptions in the past, I increased the SAM-e dosage too fast. It caused some anxiety, so I backed off and took longer to adjust. I have been taking it about 3 months now. It does not seem to be helping as much and I guess I need to increase the dosage. I just cannot remember to take another dosage since it is supposed to be taken without food. I am going to reorder and continue with it. It may not help everyone, but it has definitely helped me.

Really makes a difference

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 29, 2009 | Verified Purchase

When I first started using this product over a year ago I couldn't really identify anything significantly "better" about how I felt, but the several weeks I did not take them due to a cross country move made me aware of just how important this supplement is to overall well being and feeling good. While a subtle overall improvement in how one feels day to day, this is very much one of those products that should be a part of everyone's daily supplement regimine. The contrast in feeling from taking - not taking - proved to me that there are real and significant benefits from taking SAMe on a regular and consistent basis.