Nice Fine Powder

Posted by Reviewer2882806 on Feb 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I prefer this fine powder to certain other flaxmeal products like NOW flaxmeal which is not as fine. I was using Nature's Way Flax, but it seems they switched from brown flax to gold flax. Some of these companies don't like to list the type of flax on the label. I don't like the fairly new golden flax. I like the original brown flax, which I think is more filling and has a better taste, texture, and more antioxidants. This Nutri-Flax seems like brown flax to me. I eat at least 30 grams a day and I just add a measured amount of water, let it thicken and eat it straight as part of my breakfast. However, I'm still going to try a few other flax products. The seal could be a little better on this container. Fine brown flax powder is getting hard to find. Many people think golden is just as good as brown, when, in fact, brown flax is actually somewhat superior, based on everything I've read. Darker food usually has more antioxidants; brown flax contains healthy tannins.

Use it everyday

Posted by Reviewer2576408 on Aug 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Really love this flax powder ... mixes so well in yogurt, even in my salad dressings.

I use this every day

Posted by alloriginal on May 21, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I add a serving of this to my afternoon greens drink every day. I believe that the 3 grams of fiber, 3.5 grams of protein, and 500 milligrams of omega-3 fatty acids are of great benefit to my health. Lignans are important as well, as they have antioxidant properties, and they bind estrogen receptors (reducing risk of cancer). This is a fine powder that mixes well, and has a pleasant, nutty taste. Regular use will, over time, dramatically improve health in my opinion. A serving a day keeps the doctor away! Thank goodness for Iherb! I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2798027 on Apr 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this for a long time. Highly recommend. High in lignans!

Fiber for my smoothy!

Posted by Reviewer2798035 on Jul 17, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is a very good value and quality product for soluble fiber! Good for keeping you regular!

Great quality for the price

Posted by Reviewer3117408 on Jun 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this product for years and have turned others on to it. I add it to powdered chlorella and raw protein powder in smoothies.

Great tasting, nice fine texture

Posted by Reviewer1470069 on May 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

So far, this product is the perfect fiber addition to my diet. It works well, has a wonderful flavor, and the texture is pleasingly fine and powdery. Mixes well. This is my first purchase of Jarrow's Organic Hi-Lignan Flax Seed Powder, but it won't be my last. I definitely will be back for more. As usual, I also appreciate iHerb's pricing and great shipping.

Great fiber

Posted by Reviewer1575955 on Apr 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

great for women and easy to take fiber

very good!!!

Posted by Reviewer2592773 on Jul 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

fast delivery and good quality good price I'll use again thank you!!!

Excellent Source of Fiber and Healthy Fat

Posted by Reviewer3061039 on Dec 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I use Nutri-Flax in my smoothies and it adds fiber and healthy fat as well as a wonderful creamy milk-shake consistency. When I do my monthly 3-day fasts I use a scoop in 16 oz. of water with 3 activated charcoal capsules and it keeps me regular! Ann Musico

1 2