Excellent product great service..

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It is rare to find a protein powder that does not contain any Soy, I was very happy to know that iHerb had it. I have found Jarrow to be an excellent product. iHerb's mailing response was also very good. Thank you iHerb

Pity about the xylitol...

Posted by emanuela on Aug 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

can cause gastric distress in some (and not that few) individuals....

Good blend but horrible taste...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Good balance of proteins and I tolerate this very well, which is more than I can say about some of the designer whey proteins. Chalky texture, vegetal (in a bad way) taste. Reminds me of some of the old protein tablets from the late 70s/early 80s... I'm reordering but have to find something to mask the flavor texture.

Jarrow Protein Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I really love this stuff. It tastes great, it's sweet but not too sweet. I just mix it with cold water in a shaker cup and I'm good to go. It's also great if you add a tablespoon of raw cocoa powder. The energy I get from this lasts at least two hours and it's really easy to digest. I've actually noticed that when I drink this for breakfast my digestion is better all day, maybe it's the chia?

Very bad taste/texture

Posted by Ophelia on May 25, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Nice composition of natural ingredients, but this powder tastes awful. At the beginning I was seduced by all the plant components listed, and usually I can handle bad taste for the sake of healthiness, but this is just not working for me. I guess the proteins are doing their work well when I take them before/after exercising, because I watch closely my energy levels and weight, but I still think that taking your protein shake has to be a moment of pleasure, not of disgust ;) The texture is more like sand in mouth, and impossible to mask it (tried mixing it with smoothies, chocolate soy drink, yoghurt, ect). Another bad point is the Arginine/Lysine ratio, which can lead to Herpes breakouts if you already suffer from it (more Lysine, and less Arginine).

best protein!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

this is my favorite gluten-free protein. only downside is I need to buy 4 tubs a month since it only lasts a week taking 4 scoops /day. i hope jarrow sells in larger quantities in the future!

great protein

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

good source of plant protein. no nasty animal protein pasty mouth.

add it to my bread , no taste at all

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 19, 2016 | Verified Purchase

i add it to my bread and you can't tell if there is protein powder in it . i added 2 scoops to one loaf of bread .

My preferred non-whey protein

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 19, 2015 | Verified Purchase

To avoid a gritty drink, blend this with something thick like an avocado or banana. However the gritty texture is better than some I've tried, that feel like you're drinking sand no matter what you mix it with. I like this product because it's not dairy, soy, or wheat. It's also a more nutritious, non-dairy alternative, to rice. I'm on my second jar. I'm considering trying Dr. Mercola's brand next, just for comparison sake, but Jarrow's brand is a much, much better price for comparable ingredients.

Love this Protein Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Jarrow stopped making the last Protein Powder I liked which was a fermented Soy, which is the only healthy kind of soy to take. I tried this and just love it. The plant proteins are even better for me, and I only take 1 1/2 scoops - That is suffient and it lasts a little longer. I tried another brand but the taste was terrible. This tastes wonderful in my morning smoothie. I just hope they don't discontue this one! Also, iherb is very good at shipping and their price is very reasonable. I will continue to buy from them as long as they carry what I need. Highly recommend the product and iherb!

1 2 3 4