Poor quality inventory being stocked by iHerb

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 26, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I'm torn in writing this review because I think this product is great but the version that iHerb is stocking has something wrong with it. I purchased a container that expires in 2016 from Whole Foods for a few dollars more. It taste is decent, it very granular, and it dissolves very quickly into water which is why I was so confused when I read another reviewers comments. Well, I ordered two containers from iHerb. They expire in 2015. To my dismay, this is a significantly different product than I previously purchased. The color is very white compared to the light yellow/off-white of my previous bottle. When placed in a plastic container it is very clumpy and it sticks to the sides and it doesn't dissolve very well. I'm very disappointed. I guess I'm back to buying this from a local store. :-(

Organic Protein Powder, Yay!

Posted by Aloha-Health on Jan 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I choose this whey protein powder because it's organic, unsweetened, and rBST free. It's difficult to find a protein powder that's organic and unsweetened. I'm so happy I found this one. The taste blends well into smoothies. I even like it when simply mixed with water. I sometimes add it to a mixture of yogurt, blueberry and walnuts in the AM when I don't have time to get my protein from a food source. I also like to consume this product immediately after strong workouts to help maintain muscle and to keep my body burning fat instead. The unsweetened aspect helps with fat burning too after a workout. It has a total of 2 grams of sugar which is much much less compared to many other powders. A recent study showed the body gets an extra 2 hours of fat burn after strong exercise as long as sugar isn't consumed within that time period. Another plus is when it comes to protein, whey is one of the best sources for absorbability. It is way more bioavailable than vegetable protein sources. Before I found this organic powder, I used Solgar's Whey to Go protein powder. It's a great option (with less than 1 gram of sugar) if you don't want to pay the higher price for an organic product.

Good stuff!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Like this whey, mixes well, pretty tasteless since I add Greek yogurt, berries, and Ribose to it in a blender. I use one scoop, good for extra protein after workouts. No digestion problems (have IBS), no bloating etc. Like that it is organic and has no chemicals or sugar.

Happy with the result!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought this a while ago, and finished the entire bottle. I didnt notice it much at the beginning but after the mid way through I began noticing my tiredness and sore muscle disappeared after the workout the next day. I take this in my smoothies (made of homemade probiotic 24 hr yogurt, banana, apples and greens), the next day I am not in fatique, sore and I dont get headache from sore shoulder. I have digestive conditions but this didnt bother me at all. It dissolves instantly in cold water by itself and no need of blender to mix them up. It has the distinctive taste but it doesnt bother me. This is a great protein powder after a workout/as a part of a smoothie breakfast. I love the fact that this doesnt have nasty ingredients/unhealthy cow stuff.

Nice product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I like using this in morning shakes, but I've also had it just mixed in water (it blends well). Mild taste and a pure product: I'd definitely purchase it again.

High quality whey!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

The texture is great, taste is ok! Does not affect bloating/allergic reaction as normal non-organic whey does.

Great organic whey protein

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I use this whey protein everyday in my morning fruit smoothies! It is great! It is unflavored and unsweetened, which leaves room for the other ingredients in your smoothies/shakes to stand out. It does not taste very good plain, so I wouldn't recommend drinking it without adding something to it. In this case, it may not be the best for shakes...

It rocks !

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

When I bought it, I thought it would be the exact same product as the non-organic whey from Jarrow, with just an added label on the container. But it is actually quite different in texture and taste. I prefer this one, and of course it is organic so it is ethically better ! The only inconvenient is the fact that it doesn't come in bigger size, this 454g quantity is just enough for a few fays for me.

Best Whey on Market

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have been using whey in yogurt, smoothies and other drinks for years and am extremely happy to find this unflavored whey in organic. This whey does not add any unusual flavor, it dissolves quickly and smoothly and never lumps. Excellent all the way around (pun intended)

Perfect

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Use it everyday in smoothies

1 2