Derived from fish meal and may contain ethoxyquin.

Posted by Leione on Apr 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Even though this product doesn't contain titanium dioxide, magnesium stearate, animal derived stearic acid, ethyl cellulose, sodium alginate, ammonium hydroxide, or any other dangerous and harmful ingredients so common in similar products, it's derived from fish meal which may contain ethoxyquin. Fish meal is made from fish and the bones and offal from processed fish and can spontaneously combust. To prevent this from happening, ethoxyquin is often added to fish meal. Ethoxyquin is a known toxicant, allergen and possible carcinogen. Definitely not a product you would recommend.

My face blew up!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I am not at all allergic to shellfish or any other seafood, but somehow this product caused a nasty reaction. My whole face swelled up and I look like a bloated corpse. So consume with care!

Good deal for the price.

Posted by NBPT10 on May 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is a decent product as long as iherb is discounting it. It does have Astaxanthan which is a very powerful antioxidant. It is used in many eye formulas and is believed to be able to cross the blood brain barrier therefore providing good free radical clean up in the brain. Krill oil will also have some Astaxanthan in it as well. I prefer to use the Carlson's fish oil products as reviewed on my home page because you get more DHA and Carlson's goes to great lengths to make sure the oils are fresh and contaminant free. Carlson's does not have astaxanthan but I prefer to get the best overall fish oil for the omega 3 content and get my anti-oxidants elsewhere. Keep your fish oils refrigerated or in a cool location to prevent them from going rancid. If you liked this value added review kindly visit my home page by clicking on my handle name above and read my other reviews. Peace and good health.

Good Omega 3 with Astaxanthin

Posted by odereviews on Mar 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought this from Jarrow Formulas sale, and it was priced $3.70. This is a pretty good Omega 3 product Astaxanthin. But $13.95 regular price is just too much for 30 softgels.

Great!

Posted by AnnaLL on Apr 13, 2013 | Verified Purchase

These are great! I used to use krill, so I'm really happy I can get phosoholipid-bound omega 3's (better absorbed) from a sustainable source instead.

Jarrow Formulas, PhosphOmega, Omega-3 Complex

Posted by Springtime on Apr 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Jarrow Formulas PhosphOmega contains phospholipid-bound omega-3s, which are better absorbed and utilized than the EE or triglyceride forms. I highly recommend this product. Thanks for the great service iHerb!

one of the best omega 3 without ethoxyquin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 23, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Phospholipids are the best form for omega 3 but these om3 are made from fish meal (it's written on the bottle) and fish meal may contain ethoxyquin, it's a pesticide and dangerous for health. Of course, I have questioned Jarrow about ethoxyquin presence in this product. Today I have had an the Jarrow's answer : - Ethoxyquin is not used as a preservative in the fish meal that Phosphomega is derived from Therefore phosphomega is safe but unfortunately Jarrow will stop the product of phosphomega due in part of slow sales.

These are better than any others I've tried! ♥♥♥ Click on my username for more reviews!

Posted by gettingwell on Mar 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I trust these to be a good product and these have a better absorption rate than others. Jarrow always makes a great product! It was recommended by two of my drs to take 4000mg a day; benefits memory. These are dark brown like the appropriate vitamin E's (with the tricotrinols and tocopherols?) are colored. I highly recommend these.

Effective!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I'm using omega complex supplements on a regular basis for my whole well being and I find this one very effective.

Very Good