Help

Close to magic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

For the past years I have struggled with severe adrenal fatigue, exercise asthma, malnutrition, kidney problems, food intolerances and mastocytosis (internal). I discovered one condition after another, and solved them by help of products from Iherb. It has taken me 3/4 of a year to test each supplement one by one. Quercetine is the last one I tested, and its effect has been nothing short of magic. During a mastocytosis autoimmune attack, I found out that over-the-counter histamine blockers worked, but Histame and Quercetine were better and safer. Histame is fine, as it dissolves excess histamine, but Quercetine is superior, as it blocks the histamine action alltogether. Imagine my shock, after years of suffering, when I tested it with offending foods, and for the first time - no allergic reaction. I even tried a glass of red wine, that would normally lead to histamine flush on the cheeks, brain fog, low grade fever, extreme tiredness and aching muscles the next day (so that I avoided it altogether). Nothing! Two more comments. I am sensitive to high doses, so 500 mg is too much at once. I split it in 150 mg for a smaller meal and 350 mg for a larger. Also, I found it most effective if taken at the end of a meal, especially at night time. Other people may need larger doses, but do not underestimate an allergic reaction to an overdose (I've experienced this even with nutraceuticals). So carefully consider the dose and the timing. Other than that, the quality of the product is immaculate. Someone wrote that this product need to be reformulated. I disagree. First, I prefer pure products. If I need bromelain or vitamin C, I can purchase them separately and compose after my own dosage needs. Secondly, this product is of such obvious quality, it needs to stay so. I am immensely grateful to both scientists and producers of such clever nutraceuticals, and the iherb for making them available at best possible price. After years of suffering I am nearly symptom free. Quercetine should be recommended to anyone who suffers from allergies. If some people don't get relief, it could be the underlying adrenal fatigue. Find adrenal and nutritional support here on Iherb, and you will be fine.

The Best Lab

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My doctor, a leading oncologist, has recommended Jarrow brand as part of my Tx for prostate cancer. He states that Jarrow is the brand that most accurately represents what's on it's label.

Jarrow Formulas Quercetin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 16, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My doctor suggested that I start taking 1000 mg of quercetin daily, as it's the stongest anti-oxidant we have. It's also known as a great anti-inflammatory, which is very important for lupus patients. I've taken it for over 4 years now, and as someone with a weakened immune system, I must say that the number of times I'm ill is amazing. I don't get sick often, and I attribute that largely to the addition of quercetin in my antioxidant arsenal. I always easily caught colds, and then had major secondary infections resulting from them. Now I rarely catch anything. I'll never not take quercetin.

A great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 23, 2007 | Verified Purchase

My alternative medicine MD told me to take Quercetn along with my allergy medication when my symptoms are bad. I normally take 4-8 capsules daily. Or, if I plan to eat something I have a food sensitivity to before I go out to eat where I'm not quite sure what's in that sauce, I pop 4 Quercetin capsules and then again about 4 hours after the meal. It works wonders! Reactions are kept to a minimum. This works as an occasional remedy, so don't abuse it. If you feel a cold coming on, take a few extra along with your vitamin C's. It helps nip that cold in the bud ... Stephanie, Hackensack, NJ

Quercetin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 16, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I actually use this for my allergies after I read in the Women's Wall Street that this helps for allergy sufferers in addition to my zyrtec that I take daily. It really seems to take the edge off my terribly itchy nose and body during the spring and summer when I take 1 to 2 Quercetins a day! I highly recommend this and I never write reviews for things

Fred Greenwood

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Product needs Vitamin C at 100 mg+.Rutin and Hesperadin to be effective-i.e. a Bioflavonoid Complex is needed.It struggles to deal with my sinusitis whereas Vitamin Research Products "Bioflavonoid Complex" works well

Pain Reliever

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Great substitute for Ibuprofen, need to take 1 to 2 grams to be effective as pain reliever. 1000 mg size would be better. Also good anti-oxident.

GOUT Remedy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Both Bromelain and Quercetin are awesome combination in controlling GOUT. I use them for the last 5 years and they really work. The gout is in control. At the same time, you got to keep one simple thing in the mind... Food is the medicine. So avoid those that are poison to you...meaning avoid foods that cause gout.

quercetin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 23, 2007 | Verified Purchase

a powerful flav that helps with imflammation/back pain

Life Saver!

Posted by JohVig on Feb 28, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My doctor suggested this for my severe problems with skin rash in my face. I had previously tried everything, as staying away from different types of food, lots of different skin treating products to allergy tablets and strong cortison tablets (which worked for a short period only). I did not have high expectations.... But Quercetin (my first bottle was from Solaray) worked! I did not have any skin rashes at all while I was taking it, I was so happy. After years with this very visible problem, it was a huge relief! When I ran out of Quercetin I learnt that it was no longer for sale (any brand) in Norway, - and my skin rashes came back:-( A local health food store suggested iherb, and I ordered Jarrow Formulas' Quercetin. The rash disappeared shortly after I started taking them! Now I make sure I never run out, and if I take to few I can feel my face getting warm. I have tried several other brands of Quercetin that also works fine. The problem is just that they contain vitamin C or Bromelain (or both) for better absorption, which there are strong regulations for when importing from the US to Norway. (You can buy from a EU/EØS country with both C and Bromelain in high dosages, but the prices are typically twice the price of Iherb). Take Jarrow Formulas' Quercetin with orange juice and absorption is fine! I take 4-8 tablet per day.