Better R-ALA

Posted by Reviewer3125771 on Oct 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Way better then Doctors Best R-ALA!

To much fillers !!

Posted by Reviewer1491632 on Jun 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have used the 100 mg Na-Rala pills of Doctor's Best for a long time, but I bought this brand to compare. Although the capsules of Jarrow and Doctor's Best have the same Na-Rala content ( both 100 mg ) the capsules of Doctors best are a size smaller ! So I suppose Jarrow has more fillers in the supplement and the price of Jarrow is also almost 4 dollar more.

This one works

Posted by Reviewer3014590 on May 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

In all honesty, you may do w/o Doctor's Best brand.

Good product

Posted by Ingrid75 on Jun 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

First I took ALA caps (containing R+S forms) by Healthy Origins. But after reading a clinical study on ALA I started taking this R-ALA: only this form is found in human body and is considered to be the best form of ALA (and lower dose needed).

Weird use for it but it worked wonders

Posted by dbaverstock on Jan 29, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Try taking this stuff with a meal only and you'll notice less fatigue from eating meals if you're prone to suffering from that. Basically you're giving yourself more of what you naturally have as part of a chain to convert food into chemical fuel for your body. Body doesn't have to make it, means you get more energy out of your food and spend less on digesting it. Simple. Highly recommend. Jarrow comes through again!

A life changing supplement

Posted by 4688578332736822342 on Dec 28, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I am a 78 year old and a type 2 diabetic. Years ago, I developed Peripheral Neuropathy affecting first one,and then both of my feet. Walking became increasingly more difficult as my feet were by now, completely numb.I did some research and found that actual human clinical tests were conducted with R - Alpha Lipoic Acid on sufferers with Peripheral Neuropathy. My G.P. and I discussed these findings and my doctor agreed that I should give R - Alpha Lipoic Acid a go, to try and help with my walking,and after a couple of weeks, I was walking like a much younger person.The numbness is still there, but what a difference! I take ( one ) x 100 mgs. twice a day with food, one early A. M. and one Evening , what a relief, no pain, night restless legs vanished. Thank you Jarrow.

Super antioxidant for liver detox phase 2 and prevents glycation/wrinkles

Posted by PurplePegasus on May 15, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I trust that this is doing what it's supposed to but I honestly don't know since I introduced this along with many liver detox/support supplements. I bought this because it's supposed to help with phase 2 liver detox. Phase 1 supplements detox the liver, phase 2 mop the released toxins up and carry them out so they don't macerate in my system making me worse! I did see an improvement in fatigue, nausea, migraines and hypersomnia once I introduced a few of the phase 2 supplements (another being charcoal caps). R-ALA is supposed to be the superior for of ALA and the natural one. It is also said to reverse and/or prevent wrinkles by preventing glycation, the cross-linking of skin molecules caused by eating sugar in all its forms. It will be a nice bonus but I'm taking it for the liver. Hope it works for you!

Deborah Benstead

Posted by Reviewer2158100 on Sep 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I use R-Alpha Lipoic Acid for liver D-tox....have been using PureInnovations one which is 200mg and slightly dearer.....however noticed the Jarrow is only 100mg so will likely go back to using the PureInnovation which while work out cheaper but has double the R-Alph Acid.

Very good product

Posted by 4919910610322952247 on Apr 23, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Highly recommand.

Better than Alpha Lipoic Acid

Posted by 5747046237059080475 on Jan 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is absorbed much better than ALA

1 2