Dose of resveratrol

Posted by hypochondriac on Feb 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Just a comment to those who believe that the dose of resveratrol in this product (20mg) is too low. Recent studies do show that supposedly "small" doses of resveratrol (from 8mg to 40mg) can have measurable, beneficial effects in humans (e.g., anti-inflammatory effects, antioxidant effects, etc). In one recent clinical trial, 8mg to 16mg of resveratrol/day was found to increase adiponectin and lower inflammatory markers in men. Over an extended period of time, this could result in lower risk for cardiovascular disease. In another study, healthy people were given 40mg/ day resveratrol; it was found that various indices of oxidative and inflammatory stress were significantly improved. No one knows the minimum effective dose for resveratrol. No one has proven that taking 250-500mg/ day is better than taking 20mg a day. Some people choose to take massive (500mg) doses. I am more cautious, and prefer to take a small, regular dose of around 20-40mg/ day. Therefore, for me, the amount of resveratrol in this Jarrow formula is just right.

A staple in my house

Posted by Reviewer3026634 on Jun 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My husband and I take these faithfully for over a year now and I have hardly no wrinkles, my joints don't hurt, no anxiety and my hair is growing in thicker, but my skin, that is the difference I can see. It's smoother and I feel younger. Excellent product

Resveratrol Synergy

Posted by Reviewer3199116 on Oct 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I had previous experience wit thisproduct from a local health store. Excellent combination of several important factors - especially for recovering athletes. Better price from iHerbs. Bob - Atlanta

I highly recommend iherbs!!!

Posted by Reviewer2228065 on Oct 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These tablets really boost your immune system and I don´t feel so tired all the time. Great item!!!

Resveratrol Synergy

Posted by Reviewer1123168 on Jun 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great Product.

Great

Posted by Reviewer2309644 on Feb 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great formula. May extend the life of those who have a good heart :)

Good Product!

Posted by Reviewer3359299 on Nov 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Another Great product from iHerb, reasonable price!

good product

Posted by Reviewer2877120 on Jan 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

There are many Resveratrol products on the market but this is my favourite

Amount of Resveratrol per tablet is too small

Posted by Reviewer1649874 on Sep 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

The problem with this product is that the amount of Resveratrol in each tablet (20mg) is too small. It should be more like 100mg. Won't buy it next time but instead will go for the Resveratrol by Country Life or Now Foods.

love jarrow formulations

Posted by Health-YourWealth on Jul 19, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This formula combines the perfect blend of ingredients to achieve a maximum antioxidant support. Is my first time trying, and I am not disappointed. I will reorder.

1 2