a smart antidepressant nutritional core

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

TMG is a godsend. When I went off antidepressants rather suddenly and was fishing around for something to stop panic attacks and intense bad moods, TMG was the first consistent improvement. Four years later, it is still an indispensable part of my regimen. Perhaps its most important effect is recycling homocysteine into SAMe, which has antidepressant effects. Unchecked homocysteine sensitizes neurons to glutamate toxicity, and probably harms new neurons trying to grow in the hippocampus. Other B-vitamins have also helped me, especially B-2 and B-6 (pyridoxamine), along with fish oil and a non-choline source of uridine (for example magnesium orotate, or triacetyluridine). Some of these will help migraines and focus along with mood. I take 500 to 1000 mg TMG a day; much more may raise cholesterol. Don't mix with acetyl-l-carnitine (and in fact, if you're depressive, I'd advise against acetyl-l-carnitine altogether, thanks to its acetylcholinergic activity). TMG raises carnitine levels itself, and has a mild choline sparing effect. SAMe, by the way, is similar but not so safe; the surge in SAMe levels will create a surge in homocysteine. I tried combining the two, hoping TMG would recycle the homocysteine back SAMe, but I've found TMG on its own most stabilizing and effective.

It's WOW all over again

Posted by Freddds-Active-B12-Folate on Jan 17, 2007 | Verified Purchase

My first 48 hours with TMG have been real eye-openers. This is doing more of what methylb12 and SAM-E in the sense of a literal visual brightening, mood brightening, and a certain kind of energy increase, both did previously. On a very preliminary survey of the usual 5, it's a very positive response so far of 3 of 3 who have tried it. While the magitude of increase is below that of my initial methylb12 doses, it is larger than that of the SAM-e. This is the first brand I've tried so I have no idea if there are brand differences as with some products.

Fantastic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This, along with L-Methionine (to make Sam-e), has really changed my life. I wouldn't have said I was depressed before, but now I am so much more optimistic and cheerful. My husband is on the same regimen (we each take one of each in the morning) and has has the same change. We ran out for a couple of days last week and both noticed a pretty dramatic difference. I won't be without this one again, and I honestly think everyone should try it.

Best I have tried

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have tried a three other brands and this is absolutely the most potent and effective. Very important for the choline system. Also Like that the tablets do not absorb moisture from the atmosphere and get puffy and crumbly like some of the other brands. Update: 5/08 the tablets are no longer coated and now become puffy and crumble when exposed to air. Too bad because I loved this brand.

Very effective!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Besides Methyl-B12 and SAM-e, this is the next best thing for helping me function as a normal person.

Very good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Definitely helps if you have high homocysteine levels. My blurred vision improved.

Good for the tired

Posted by paisleyjade on Sep 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My son has ADD so I thought this might help stabilize his moods. Unfortunately what it did though was fill him with energy, not hyper energy that made him bounce of the walls, thank goodness, but energy so he literally could not sleep at night. At 1AM he was running up and down the stairs, doing pushups and situps and not a bit sleepy. He`s just 12 years old and never stays up this late. So I realized the product was too much of a stimulant for a child`s body. Thus, I stopped giving him the product and I took it myself sincer I didn`t want to waste my money and throw away the product. Wow! It gave me a wonderful sense of alertness and energy. This isn`t a negative form of energy though. It doesn`t make you feel out of control, jittery, franic, or hyper. It is just a wakeful, alert sense of energy that lasts all day with one tablet. So if you are already an energetic person, have ADD or ADHD, a minor or elderly person, or perhaps have other autism spectrum problems this product may be too stimulating for you. But if you have low energy or chronic tiredness, this might be a good natural product to try. I would definitely recommend it for those in the latter catagories.

Weird Stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

For the first 4 days or so this stuff made me feel pretty darn good. I felt like it forced the release and utilization of every hormone / neurotransmitter built up in my body. But after that it did nothing if not made me feel worse. I got heart pains, severe bloating, worsened mood. I think it overstimulates and depletes until i build up again and then it works for a day or two. Might have to take with neurotransmitter precursors. I was only taking a tiny amount like 1/10th a tablet. Anymore and its way to overstimulating.

liver support

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Taking this helps your liver flush through undesirable estrogens.

Linda

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This seems to make my heart beat go funny. My doctor had recommended it for methelation along with Sam-e, now I am not sure if it is messing with my armour thyroid or alone is too much for my heart.I did not have heart issue before I started using it.