Low gamma tocopherols

Posted by Reviewer2636217 on Apr 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I took these vitamin E pills twice a day for 11 months, then got my vitamin E levels checked. My gamma tocopherol level was below the normal range. Alpha was high normal. Even tho this product claims to contain the gamma form, it is a "proprietary blend" and doesn't state how much it contains. Either I don't absorb this vitamin or very little is in the pill or bioavailable. Life Extension has a gamma form I am going to try.

bad

Posted by TinVal on May 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I will never buy again. It gives me headache and blurry vision. I'm sure that polyoxyl castor oil is toxic in this product. Very very disappointing. It also has very bad plastic smell. I want to give 0 stars

The bottle contains only 55 softgels

Posted by Reviewer2043062 on Aug 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have ordered 6 bottles of Toco Sorb from this manufacturer. The last 5th bottle, I noticed there was only 1 last capsule left in the bottle. I knew that should not be the case since I have been taking 2 capsules a day. When I opened the new bottle, I counted the softgels and lo and behold, the bottle only contained 55 counts of softgels. I wonder how many more bottles have been short changed by the manufacturer. I am definitely switching to another brand.

Strange symptoms

Posted by Reviewer2591577 on Oct 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I woke up with my head feeling weird and my eyes tearing up. I have my suspicions after reading the last review. There could be a bad batch. These symptoms coincided with the time I started taking it. Either that, or it interacts negatively with something else I take. But I normally don't have any symptoms like this.

Good product

Posted by 4770913399059531616 on Oct 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Makes your skin glow (always a indicator of good health) and speeds up healing time.

GREAT COMPREHENSIVE E SUPPLEMENT!

Posted by 4917743866453743768 on Oct 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Fast affordable shipping,very pleased with iherb. After 1 month of taking this with Jarrow Biotin 5000mcg I noticed seborrheic lumps starting to itch and within 1 week they shrunk to almost half their size. I was taking 2 of these daily (I morning and 1 at night)for the first month. I then dropped the Vit E dose to just 1 daily. The shrinking of the lumps has continued on for the next month and half, but by now I thought they would have totally disappeared. If I had kept up the 2 daily dose I think they may have been completely gone by now. Still I'm VERY pleased with this progress. Seborrheic lumps around my rib cage are gradually becoming lighter in colour and flatter. Great comprehensive formula, and easy to swallow capsule. I'd previously taken mixed Tocopherols before and Biotin at lower loses and didn't have these effects.

Great combo of Tocotrienols in the highest dose, And..

Posted by Reviewer1978242 on Feb 18, 2015 | Verified Purchase

According to the data I've found, tocotrienols should be taken separately from tocopherols.

Does not seem to make a difference

Posted by teacup on Oct 05, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I got these to add some of the other Vit E tocopherol complex to the standard 400 IU d-alpha tocopherol we take in the morning. After 3 bottles it doesn't feel like it is adding anything more of benefit especially after they they dropped the d-alpha tocopherol down to 13mg(19IU) from 15mg(22IU). At first the slightly higher 22IU seemed to make it a good thing to take in the afternoon as a Vit E complex. Since they dropped the amount we will not reorder after our supply runs out.