bad

Posted by TinVal on May 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I will never buy again. It gives me headache and blurry vision. I'm sure that polyoxyl castor oil is toxic in this product. Very very disappointing. It also has very bad plastic smell. I want to give 0 stars

Great benefits !

Posted by vinetu28 on Jun 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Great product! I have been using this for awhile now and have found it to be very effective. My hair is getting thicker, my muscle is getting strong and hard. The increase in mental function and drive is far better than i had hoped for. Easy to swallow and it contains no soy. I like the forms and dosages used in this product. And I also like that it comes in liquid capsule form - an innovative delivery system. I take 2 softgels per day, one in the morning and one in the evening with a meal. As we know, Vitamin E is an important nutrient factor for the body because if you are deficient in vitamin E your body and your DNA are not as protected from the free radical damage. However, Tocotrienols having the most important components of the Vitamin E family. Alpha tocopherol ( regular vitamin E ) displaces critically important gamma tocopherol in the cells. While alpha tocopherol inhibits free radical production, gamma tocopherol is required to trap and neutralize existing free radicals. Gamma tocopherol is one of the most critically important forms of vitamin E for those seeking optimal health benefits. In fact, studies show the combination of alpha- and gamma-tocopherol supplementation appears to be superior to either supplementation alone on biomarkers of oxidative stress and on inflammatory factors. Most commercial vitamin E supplements contain little, if any, gamma tocopherol. They instead rely on alpha tocopherol as the primary ingredient. However, it is gamma tocopherol ( not the alpha form ) that quenches peroxynitrite, the free radical that plays a major role in the development of age-related decline. Tocotrienols are 40 - 60 times more powerful than the inferior Alpha Tocopherol used in all vitamin E and multi-vitamin formulas. Toco-Sorb is the best and only effective Vit E I have found !

Low gamma tocopherols

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I took these vitamin E pills twice a day for 11 months, then got my vitamin E levels checked. My gamma tocopherol level was below the normal range. Alpha was high normal. Even tho this product claims to contain the gamma form, it is a "proprietary blend" and doesn't state how much it contains. Either I don't absorb this vitamin or very little is in the pill or bioavailable. Life Extension has a gamma form I am going to try.

Strange symptoms

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I woke up with my head feeling weird and my eyes tearing up. I have my suspicions after reading the last review. There could be a bad batch. These symptoms coincided with the time I started taking it. Either that, or it interacts negatively with something else I take. But I normally don't have any symptoms like this.

The bottle contains only 55 softgels

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have ordered 6 bottles of Toco Sorb from this manufacturer. The last 5th bottle, I noticed there was only 1 last capsule left in the bottle. I knew that should not be the case since I have been taking 2 capsules a day. When I opened the new bottle, I counted the softgels and lo and behold, the bottle only contained 55 counts of softgels. I wonder how many more bottles have been short changed by the manufacturer. I am definitely switching to another brand.

Jarrow Tocosorb lot#46268/11 exp 9/13

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Fantastic product!!! I took 2 gels/day and found that my 55+ old hair went from white to its original brown color. I first started taking Life Extension's version of Tocomin SupraBio three years ago and saw my original hair color return but then went back to white after switching to the cheaper Healthy Origins version. I'm glad to have my hair color return after using Jarrow Toco-Sorb for 3 weeks. I will continue to use Life Extension's or Jarrow' with Jarrow Formulas being the better deal for now. I telephoned a complaint into Healthy Origins but did not get anywhere with them.

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I found this brand and type of Vitamin E to be superior to others I have used. Prior to using this brand, I regularly shed many hairs when shampooing. While I didn't purchase this product for that reason, it was a welcome benefit. After taking it for about 2 weeks, I would only find two or three hairs in the tub after washing my hair. When I ran out and hadn't taken it for a couple of weeks, I began to lose more hair again when shampooing. Now that I'm taking it again, the hair loss has greatly lessened. I wouldn't be without Toco-Sorb again.

STILL an EXCELLENT product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Probably the best VitaminE-ONLY supplement on the market. Best balance (ie high tocotrienol to tocopherol ratio). Too much alpha tocopherol is bad for health (raises blood pressure, etc) while tocotrienols are the newly discovered and highly neglected forms of E that show promise against cancer, etc. Bottomline: tocotrienols are better to supplement with than tocopherols and Jarrow still manages to get this formula better than other supplement companies.

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Makes your skin glow (always a indicator of good health) and speeds up healing time.

plastic vs. glass

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

The product, tocotrienols, works well for me although I was disappointed to receive my latest shipment in plastic containers rather than glass used for the previous order. I would have given 5 stars if the containers were glass. Virginia