Energy and Heart Health for the 35+ Crowd

Posted by Aloha-Health on Jan 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I take ubiquinol (active reduced form of CO-Q10) for heart health and energy (helps boost ATP production). I feel comfortable taking it because there's a lot of science behind it that's easily researched. I'm 44, so I use this product instead of a regular Co-Q10 supplement or relying on meat and fish as a Co-Q10 source since it's the usable form of Co-Q10 and doesn't require further conversion. Our bodies convert Co-Q10 into ubiquinol, but as we age, the conversion gets less and less efficient. I'd personally stick to the much less expensive regular Co-Q10 if I wasn't over 35. I'm switching to two daily doses of 100mg instead of taking one daily dose of 200mg to better maintain blood levels throughout the day. I'm also trying to figure out if a lower dosage will meet my needs since this is somewhat pricey and dosage varies depending on age and needs.

CoQ10

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

this product was specificaly recomended by our cardiologist when we were in Tyler Tx for the strengthening of heart muscle he has a laboratory in his office where he checks the strength and the quality of the product.

Jarrow Ubiquinol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use this routinely as part of my heart meds - my doctor also approves it. I was supposed to die years ago, and I'm getting stronger (I hope) by the day!

200mg is same size softgel as the 100mg

Posted by 4points on Dec 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This 200mg is same size softgel as the 100mg softgel. This is good because taking the higher dose once in the morning has been easier than having to take both at breakfast and lunch. These softgels also contain medium chain fatty acids which are supposed to help with absorption. My spouse is mainly taking this due to concern about statin's reputation for lowering co-q10. Their energy levels do seem to be improved when taking this.

Energy booster

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this product for two weeks now and I can sense a significant higher energy level. I will certainly continue with this product. LW

Energy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Keeps it happening

A gem of a supplement

Posted by iherbaficionado on Jun 15, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This Jarrow Formulas high-dosed ubiquinol is my favorite Jarrows product. It contains ubiquinol (the reduced or "ready-for-use" form of co-enzyme Q10, for those of us who are unable to convert this from ubiquinon). This inability to convert progresses with age. As heart conditions run in my family, I use this as one of my precautionary measures against cardiovascular disease. Dr Stephen Sinatra, the well known integrative cardiologist, is a great proponent of this stuff. As a "side-effect" this product gives me more energy than the lower dosages I tried before. Great value for money! Recommended!

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Dont seem to be getting the palpatations as bad as I was!No improvment with energy, but my feritin is in my boots, may improve after iron infusion!

Best deal so far

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 01, 2017 | Verified Purchase

After being conned by another supplier's misleading label (implying Unbiquinol when it was actually just Ubiquinone), I opted to give Jarrow a try. Price/per unit seems the best available, for actual UbiquiNOL. Could not be happier. Started taking 4, later 5, per week (along with an extra 500 mg of vitamin C), and my angina receded rapidly. Treadmill performance improving as well.

Great product, tablets are a bit big but not too hard to swallow

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this product for >6 months and it does make a difference to my energy levels.

1 2 3