Best Choice For Me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I found this product best for a few reasons. The size of the gel caps are very easy to swallow. My goal was to supplement with 5,000 IU per day. I found that taking two Jarrow 2,500 IU formula was cheaper than most 5,000 IU products in a single cap. I also feel it is better to supplement twice a day to keep consistent (and likely more available) levels of D3 in the body, rather than dosing 5,000 IU all at once.

Great stuff!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I know I need vitamin D (my levels are borderline low) but taking it caused bad anxiety. Come to find out, it isn't the vitamin D's fault, rather a deficiency in magnesium and calcium that caused my body to freak out when I added the D. Our body's need all three of those minerals to work in concert with one another, otherwise, taking one may perpetuate a deficiency in another. After I corrected the other two deficiencies, taking this vitamin D wasn't a problem!

Vit. D3 2500 IU By Jarrow Formulas --Very Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is such a necessary vitamin, it would be hard to say anything bad. Vit D3 is used by our bodies to compliment Calcium and Phosphorus absorption, I believe. Beside stifling cancer cell growth it also helps with prevention of SAD or Seasonal Affective Disorder, which happens around January for people prone to depression. Stands to reason, since by January most Vit D3 is depleted from the body. I am not a nutritionist butI would surmise that including this in elderly diet regimen would help take the edge off Sundowner Syndrome also, but I have no proof. I do know that professionals are advocating higher dosages based on preliminary studies showing that 400 IU daily is not enough. This brand may be less expensive than others.

Most Essential Supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I take 2,500 mg morning and evening most of the year and haven't had the flu or a cold since I started. I stopped flu shots 2 years ago with my cardiologist's blessings. I do get my blood tested. When in doubt, I take Jarrow because you can always trust it. This D3 pill is small and fresh. It's also affordable. I wouldn't switch to any other brand. Whatever you do, take this vitamin.

Vitamin D that is easily absorbed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have a Vitamin D deficiency and find that I have a difficult time absorbing most pills. I can feel when I am not getting enough vitamin D. This formula has always worked for me.

My Daughter (the nurse) Told Me to Get

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Said everyone who came into their office was VERY low on vitamin d, & vitamin d3 was the best way to supplement for that deficiency.

Jarrow Formulas, Vitamin D-3, 2500 IU, 100 Softgels

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Dec 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

High quality.

Jarrow Formulas Vitasmin D3

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

All my life I have been out of the sun. Vitamin D3 is good because I do not have to rely on the sun for this vitamin, therefore avoiding all the risks that are associated with sun-baking.

vit D OK

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

this is a good supplement. you might even consider to take your whole week dose at one day a week.

Jarrow is consistenly a good dependable brand

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Jarrow has consistenly proven to be a really good brand in all the areas I have tried, and the vitamin D3 is not exception - will keep on buying this one