drying

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

The henna seemed to help with highlights, however it's drying. I tried 3 of jason natural shampoos. This, the aloe, and the biotin. All three are very drying for my hair. It got somewhat dreadlocky and didn't help with split ends. I would have greasy scalp by the evening. To save my hair from completely drying out I'd have to washing using conditioner, then shampoo and then use conditioner again. I also had to water the shampoos down. The conditioners are very thick, heavy and somewhat greasy feeling.

50/50

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The smell is great, reminds me of almond extract, and it's texture and look are the same as any other shampoo. However, this does not lather/suds up for me at all. So I almost feel like I'm not getting a very good wash, but that could just be because I'm used to shampoo lathering up. So I use more than I would like each wash just so I feel I'm covering my entire head. As far as my hair afterwards, it's very soft, not weighed down at all and shiny. That part I like. But I don't know if I'll buy again. I plan on trying other natural shampoos to see if any of the others lather up the way I am used to.

Ouch!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have long, straight hair and this shampoo left me with tangled dry mess (even with use of conditioner). Not an experience I care to repeat. And definitely not something I'd recommend for daily use, more so if you're conscious of Dimethicone being among ingredients.

Nice, Gentle Shampoo

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I kind of expected that the "Hi Lights" wording implied that this shampoo might be color-depositing, which it is not. If it really brings out a person's highlights, I would be surprised. It does produce a nice shine overall, but I was hoping for something that would add to the color of my hair by the implication of "Henna" and "Highlights."

Highlights and more!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is a wonderful, natural, henna shampoo. It has swiftly become one of my favorites. The ingredients are impeccably natural, and it has a lot of henna extract in it. My boyfriend can always tell when I've used it, as it makes my highlights shine. Smells nice, moisturizes, and doesn't weigh hair down. Jason wins again!

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It's the best shampoo I ever used! hair becomes strong and volumed. I'll buy it again and again!

Leaves Hair Lacking

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This does not make much lather and although I am grateful for healthier products, it does not clean my hair very well.

Oops!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

While I trust that this is a fine product from Jasons, I, a gluten intolerant individual, missed that wheat protein was an ingredient until I received it. Won't use. Didn't bother to return it. That being the case can only give a 3-star rating,though it very well may be deserving higher.

Seems to dry out my hair

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I was hoping this conditioner would be wonderful for my hair but the day after using it, my hair was dry and stiff as spikes. I'm not giving up and I'm going to use it again and hope it will improve as I like the idea of applying a henna hi light while I shampoo and condition.

very thick consistency

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I had high hopes for this shampoo, but it's just ok... I already have henna in my hair, so I'm not sure if it really does add henna highlights or not. I do not like the consistency of the shampoo--I have to add water to get it thin enough to work through my hair. Also, afterwards, my hair seems weighed down (I have thick wavy hair).