A good product for super-defined curls!

Posted by vickyherb on Jun 25, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This product works really well at giving you definition. I don't use it too often, so I haven't found the right amount to put in my hair. When I use too much, I get crunchy curls. I can quite easily make the crunchiness go away once my hair is completely dry by smoothing my curls with my hands, though, so it's not a big deal. The big issue, and the reason why I'm only giving this four stars instead of five, is this white dandruff-like residue that I get every time. A little bit of water gets rid of it, but it always appears on the top of my head, which takes the longest to dry, and 99% of the time I leave the house with wet/damp hair. This means that at some point during the day, the white stuff will magically appear and just sit there for all the world to see until I 1) realise my hair is now dry and 2) get to a mirror and some water.

Changed my life!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Brilliant for taking volume out of bushy hair and creating defined curls. It also has no silicone etc - Halelujah! You need to follow the instructions but once you find what works for your curl type it's amazing. Can also use a VERY small amount to tame fly-aways / frizzies but this may not work for those with fine or less hair - I have a lot!

Excellent Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

When I used it for the first time it was a little bit scary because it "frizzes" hair. It seems that all the moisture and water disappear and simultaneously swells the hair. The hair dries stiff but after drying, I scrunch out the crunch and my hair is perfect, soft, with well-defined curls.

Kinky Curly works best for my 3C/4A hair!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 08, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I've tried various other curling gels over the last 5 years, and this one has the best ingredients and reaction with my hair. I've tried Eco, Camille Rose, Aunt Jackie's, SheaMoisture Curling Gel Soufflé, etc. They are all good products, but they did not work for my fine, 3C/4A hair. I type my hair so that anyone reading this can imagine how tight my curls are and how they respond to the weight and ingredient s of most gel products. Kinky Curly works best with their leave-in conditioner, but I find it too expensive. A leave-in is necessary in my case, but I use Giovanni Direct Leave-In Weightless Moisture Conditioner. It works similarly, and has the same consistency and is half the price. You don't need much of it, a little goes a long way. Your hair must be extremely wet. These two products together are my staple. I have experimented with other products and tried to find something that gives me similar results as the Kinky-Curly, but nothing seems to do the trick.

Kinky Curly Curling Custard

Posted by byebyegluten on Jun 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is the one product that has worked for my curly hair! A little goes a long way, and it's an all natural product that doesn't weigh your hair down or make it super crispy.

Kinky curly

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 19, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Nice in my hair. Where I live is hot and humid in Hk. Thus product last the day. I have to use generous amounts so can be me costly for daily use. Loosens curls when applied and doesn't dry out too much by the end of the day wet look has gone. Doesn't stop shrinkage in my 3c hair

There are many great features to this product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 21, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I am Caucasian and have curly hair, however it seems to curl more in some areas than others. This product seems to hold curl in the less curly areas and my hair now curls more evenly throughout. I am surprised at how little I have to use. I have fairly short hair and work in about half a teaspoon throughout, with my hands. Then I either let my hair air dry or use a defuser to dry it. When my hair is dry I simply use my hands to crunch my hair all over. I do not have to brush my hair when I am done as the crunching takes most of the product look out of my hair and it looks very natural and holds well. I am thrilled to have found this product. I now go about 4 days between washings as each morning I just mist my hair with water and crunch it with my hands. It then looks like I just did my hair. So quick and easy and a great look. Thank you Kinky Curly!

The Best I Have Even Used.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Keeps My hair Looking good for few Days if you use big amount of cream. Great.

I love this

Posted by katsain on Jun 12, 2017 | Verified Purchase

All pros have already said, this is a keeper. Not greasy, holds curls soft and shiny.

My go to styling product

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 03, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I've tried many other gels to define my curls with no success. Every other gel leaves my hair dry and frizzy. With Kinky Curly, my hair drys soft and has definition. A must try if you have 4b or 4c hair.

1 2 3 4