Not for everyone

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am a full time college student with a heavy course load. My memory became very poor this term and I didn't want to lose my 4.0 so I thought I would try this since there was some decent research supporting its use for memory/cognitive enhancement. The first dose made me experience intense sadness and left me unable to study until it wore off completely around 20 hours later. I can't tell if it helped my memory since I wasn't able to study effectively. I dare not take it again to see if the effect persists since I can't afford to lose the study time. It may work for some but its definitely not for everyone. DMAE on the other hand helped me a lot with concentration and consequently memory. So, if galantamine doesn't work for you, maybe give DMAE a try.

Mixed Experiences

Posted by HawaiianViking on Aug 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

When I took Life Enhancement, GalantaMind, I did notice that I was doing the Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle with greater relative ease, and my dreams were more vivid and easy to recall. But the positive effects seemed to diminish quickly unless I increased the dose and so I discontinued using the product and passed it on to a more mature member of my family, one who sometimes has periods of some mental cloudiness. After only one day of taking GalantaMind, he was described as being "more lucid than he has been in years", and the difference was remarkable. However, with increasing dosages came mild bradycardia and gastrointestinal upset, which was severe enough for him to discontinue treatment with GalantaMind. This product is not cheap, and I think it's rather too expensive unless there are very clear benefits without serious side-effects, and for us it just wasn't worth it. I've seen much more success with DMAE and a traditional Scandinavian remedy long used in my family, Rhodiola.

Just what I expected.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use this marvelosu product to enhance my dream recall and vivid imaginery just once in a while. As a nice secondary effect the next two day after taking it I feel more focused and still have vivid dreams.

memory

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

definite marked improvement in my brain function when I take this. I can focus much better.

GalantaMind

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

So far so good. I'm not taking it every day, only on days I wish to enhance my night-time dreams.

AMAZING !!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I love GalantaMind!! It made a world of difference with everything mental. My concentration and recall are 200% improved!

Tolerance issues

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I realize that this substance will cease to have a noticeable effect after a week of consistent, once-daily dosing. So, I was probably wrong about this supplement's inertness. The good thing is that at least the gastrointestinal side effects disappear. If you try taking 16mg, it will case mild bradycardia, so be aware of that if you feel you need to push the dose up that high. Hmm, what else...if you want to augment its effects I'd recommend one of the adaptogens like eleuthero, rhodiola, ginseng, muira puama, or perhaps maca. Eleuthero seems to work best in combination for me. And of course, caffeine helps too.

Bomb!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 11, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I've been using Gala for the past three years and I love it! I notice definite improvement in cognitive ability and speech fluency the days I partake. I use a mix of this and Matcha green tea while studying for college exams and prior to taking the exams. Gala is the ultimate counter to the negative side effects from smoking the herb as well. I don't take Gala on the daily as I want to keep my tolerance down, but I do take it in times of acute need for being 11. (if you catch my drift) I'm 22 yo atm. Managed my first college degree at the the age of 18 and this is my advice, give it a try! I have gone through like a bottle every year and 1/2.

No Noticeable Difference

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Maybe I haven't taken this long enough, but for $45 a bottle I would expect to notice some results, even minor effects, but I haven't noticed any difference at all except maybe a headache.

It Doesn't Help Fight Alzheimers

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I got this for my grandmother a few weeks back. She has mid stage Alzheimers. I read online Galantamine was supposed to help Alzheimer's patients. She has been taking it every day for over the past two weeks and has not improved at all. In fact, she has gotten worse. Galantamind hasn't helped my grandmother at all and may have made things worse. This product may help other things perhaps but not Alzheimers.

1 2