good chelator

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

love it in grape juice in the AM---a good chelator

Great for Intestinal Issues

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've tried everything it seems for bloating & constipation (IBS) issues. This is the ONLY thing that has ever consistently helped! I use one tsp in the a.m. in diluted juice (apple w/some pom & black current... & I still add a few tsp of psyllium powder to it) and you'll never look at anything else for IBS again. Great to have my flat tummy back! I haven't had any heartburn or GERD since I've been taking this either (altho' that might be due to the excellent digestive enzymes that I take mentioned below). One thing.. since this product is pectin, it does not mix all that well. I sprinkle a bit at a time while vigorously stirring w/ a whisk (I use the type of straight whisk that has little balls on the end of it.. works better than others, or add to a smoothie). You'll still have some lumps but they'll be very small in comparison to adding all at once (not recommended). Wish I'd known about this years ago! Take a good digestive enzyme w/ your meals (I use Dr. Murray's Multi-Enzyme) and include a probiotic that will survive your stomach acid (Healthy Origins formula is great) and you'll be good to go. For really tough problems, you might consider adding some Slippery Elm and/or Marshmallow Root to your regimen at night (also good for bladder/kidneys). All of the above are available at iHerb. I'll never go w/o this apple pectin powder.. it was the missing element for me: it has made that big of a difference in my digestive issues that I've ceased using everything else I've tried over the years, except what I've mentioned here. Hope it works as well for you!

DIY Intestinal Formula #1

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I use this with other herbs to make Dr. Shulze's Intestinal Formula #1 in bulk (found the recipe online, search for "Shulze Formulae". I also like Christopher's Original Formula of Quick Colon Tonic Part 2, available at iHerb.

Great Colon Cleanser

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Much more effective than just drinking apple juice by providing the needed bulk. I believe it also helps to support our gallbladder and liver in detoxing.

Good

Posted by paisleyjade on Oct 31, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I bought this for my children to protect them from the radiation in Japan. I thought it would be something they could take easily with juice, but none of my children would take it. Personally I found it blended well in flavor with the juice, but kids are much more picky than adults so I use it and find it to be good product, but if you are buying it for children, be prepared to have to take it yourself because not all children will drink it.

Great Results

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I found this Apple Pectin Powder to much more effective with better results than any pill form or other powders I have tried. Thanks!

Legal to Norway

Posted by audmarlen on Oct 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Sucks in smoothies and water, but work really well for baking. Use it the same way as Fiber husk.

perfect

Posted by opheart on Jul 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I add it to home-made yogurt, because pectin stimulates the growth of intestinal flora. It's good for fruit spreads too. To add it to something liquid, you have to mix it with sugar in proportion 5 (sugar):1 (pectin). Or you can take crystalline fructose instead of sugar. And there will be no lumps. The taste of this pectin is a little sour.

Excellent for jams! Прекрасный пектин для джемов!

Posted by FORUMONTI on Jul 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use this pectin for cooking purposes - and it is great for berries jams! Использую этот пектин для кулинарных целей - он прекрасно подходит для ягодных джемов!

good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

i've just started using this , and it's hard to say whether it's removing or absorbing heavy metals from my body as i haven't had a metal-blood test , but , it's very fine , and easy to use on your breakfast oats ; it looks and feels good when i use it , but i know i probably do have ( as most of us !) heavy metals circulating in my blood and tissues as i had mercury fillings as a child and some vaccines and haven't had the fillings safey removed yet .

1 2