Great product, but there are limits...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Brite Eyes III is a very excellent product for dry eyes and for helping to clear cataracts. However, it will not help "hyper-mature" cataracts, i.e., cataracts that have been completely mature (dense and opaque) for very long. Also, they may or may not work in dogs, depending on the type of cataract. Ordinary, age-related cataracts are much easier to clear than genetic "juvenile" cataracts, although the drops do seem to help hold the line in most of these cases, with diligence on the part of the owner. A diet rich in fresh, brightly-colored vegetables and fruits and dark, leafy greens helps also (for people and dogs). For the person complaining about the bottle: these bottles are not meant to have the tips cut off. There is a plastic sleeve around the neck of the bottle under the cap. Remove the cap, slip off the sleeve and discard and screw the cap on securely. A sharp point in the tip of the cap puntures the tip of the bottle, making a hole the correct size for dispensing. Art Spencer, DVM

BE PATIENT! You didn't get cataracts overnight...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 19, 2009 | Verified Purchase

...so don't expect they'll disappear overnight. I've read some of the research and reviews. People with more advanced cataracts using similar products with 1% N-acetyl carnosine report taking as long as 6-8 months of use at 2 drops, 3-4 x/day. This is consistent with research studies that were conducted over a periord of 6-24 months duration. PLEASE also consider your diet and oral supplement regimes; eliminate potential food allergies, gluten intolerance, pro-inflammatory foods, add or increase your CoQ-10, Chromium, antioxidants, etc. Cataracts ARE NOT a consequence of ageing and don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise. Juvenile cataracts while still rare, are in the rise. The first case I heard of was nearly 20 years ago, the 5 year old daughter of a classmate. The ophthamologist said it's not uncommon to see people in their 40's with cataracts these days. I have grade 1 cataracts. I'm in my 40's. I don't want any advancement of this disease or risk surgical complications. Nor do I ever want to face possible (re)growth of cataracts in the posterior lens capsule, which occurs in nearly 50% of laser patients. I've been using Brite Eyes II for approximately 45 days. This is what I've noticed so far: Within a few applications, colors became more intense and the subtleties of shading more clear. I can tell I have HDTV! I noticed spots on the bathroom mirror and window glass I hadn't seen before, so I got to washing everything! While I've never required corrective lenses, I was ever so slightly near-sighted. My distance vision is improving and it's great when driving or to see the wall clocks at the pool. My chronic dry eye that didn't repsond to prescription or OTC drops is blissfully relieved. I've tried every eye creme on the market and eliminated dietary offenders to rid myself of dark, puffy undereye circles. They're much lighter and less puffy since starting these drops.

life extension, Brite eyes III

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This product is a great product. I really believe it has helped my eyes to be healthy again. I had very dry eyes and dr. Whittiker recommended using this product. I put 1 drop in each eye twice a day and my dry eyes are much better for the past 3 years. I am 68 years old..Please keep offering this product..The price is better at iherb too.....

Secretary and Brickmason

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 26, 2008 | Verified Purchase

We both have cataracts and both have found improvement. My husband recently that his cataracts are practically gone. My doctor tells me that I still have the one but I do see better out of it so I am sure that it has thinned. We have both used N-acetyl carnosine for two years but only use one drop in each eye instead of two that we did for a year. We use now as maintenance and to hopefully keep from having macular degeneration.

Actually has helped

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I use this product for treatment of cataract. While I still have some cloudy vision, after about 9 months of using, I have regained about 30% of lost vision.

Bite Eyes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2007 | Verified Purchase

It is supposed to do wonders for preventing cataracts. I am using it for my dry eyes problem and so far it is helpting.

Brite Eyes III

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I began using Brite Eyes III on November 1, 2008 each morning and evening. I noticed a difference after three months. It's now been 4 1/2 months and I can see the cataracts disappearing. I strongly recommend this product.

Mr

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am 68 and I believe it works. takes 6 months plus.

brite eyes III

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My older Pug dog does NOT have cataracts she has cloudy lens which looks bluish. I have been using the drops about 4 times a day and I see a clearing in her lens. it's clearing from the inside and outside corners and the bottom and top lid. the most dense part in the center of the eye appears to be fading. not sure how this is working as the eye specialist said there was no way to reverse this... all I know is it is working for her.

Protect your eyes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 26, 2008 | Verified Purchase

The secret here is N-acetyl-carnosine, which they claim is to preserve the formula, but in fact is included to help prevent macular degeneration. I try to use these every day so that as I age my vision remains 20/20. I wear sunglasses religiously, and take supplements orally such as Luetin and Bilberry, but I use this as an added measure. One caveat, is that the directions say to keep this in the refrigerator for maximum shelf life (beyond 30 days) which is a bit annoying. Plus the cold drops can be a bit shocking. Additionally, there can be a sting as the drop hits your eye because of pH imbalance. But for anyone who cares about their vision, this is a worthy investment. I have also heard of people using this in their dogs' eyes to help with cataracts. Your mileage may vary.