Life Extension, DL-Phenylalanine, 500 mg, 100 Capsules

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Sep 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Sometimes you take DL-phenylalanine and something happens; you get more energized. And a lot of times nothing at all happens. Part of that is because other nutrients such as vitamin B6 and vitamin C, folic acid and copper are needed in order to convert phenylalanine into noradrenaline and dopamine. These are essential nutrients that are required as co-factors to enzymes that are involved in the process of conversion. These materials - the copper and the vitamin B6 - are also required to convert phenylalanine into beta phenylethylamine, which is a neuromodulator in your brain that modulates the effects of noradrenaline and dopamine and probably some other neurotransmitters as well.

good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Does what it says-use to ease emotional stress

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 10, 2008 | Verified Purchase

assists in decreasing emotional pain and increasing feelings of pleasure as part of "The Diet Cure" program

Has definately helped

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Has helped me within three weeks from being like a walking zombie to feeling more like myself! Thanks!

Helpful for pain and mood

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Long ago prescribed for Fibromyalgia pain and fatigue, can suppress appetite too.

helps my mood

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

not so weepy when I take 2 per day. I take the plain d-phenylalanine at times when this product makes me wired or makes me wake up too early.

Unfortunate outcome

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I am actually very disappointed with the product as it has aggravated my migraines/headaches.

Effective in combo with L-tyrosine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Using Julia Ross's The Mood Cure, I decided to try this together with a 500-mg tablet of L-tyrosine to (1) lift my mood, which tends to be depressive and (2) lift my energy, which is similarly low. I take it once a day with a vit C tablet and a B-complex capsule, within 5 minutes of waking up in the morning. The effect is amazing: energises both my mind and body. For me it's better than any anti-depressant or cups of black coffee, and no side effects. I wouldn't be caught without it! Note: you can take it more often but preferably not after early afternoon because the energising effect is likely to give you insomnia. Once a day seems the perfect amount for me because ironically, when I tried it twice a day, it actually made me feel tired. So more is not necessarily better, although every person needs to find the right dose for themselves. Also, some people who find DL-Phenylalanine gives them headaches/insomnia/anxiety might like to try D-phenylalanine instead.

Nautral pain killer

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 09, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Look up DLPA, which is what this is, and you have found a natural pain killer. I use it when I'm uncomfortable and even when I would have reached for tylenol.

It seems to work

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've been using Dl-Phenylalanine for years to alleviate joint pain and it definitely seems to work. It's the first time I've ordered this particular brand but did so because it was good value for money - it appears to be just as effective as more expensive brands.

1 2 3