Product causes bowel flush

Posted by Reviewer1056250 on Aug 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

For me, living in this body, use of this product at the rate of 2 caps/day over a period of 4-6 weeks inevitably leads to a bowel flush. Very unpleasant. It appears that the formulation has too much magnesium oxide, at least for the requirements of my body. By switching to another product which uses chelated magnesium, I am able to take a sufficiently large enough dose to meet the body's need for magnesium. I do not understand why magnesium oxide is so popular among supplement makers. Most likely it is relatively inexpensive to manufacture. According to Wikipedia magnesium oxide is used to make wallboard and refractory material for furnaces, among other things. I do suspect that as ingredients go magnesium oxide is quite inexpensive which should count for its popularity as a dietary supplement when magnesium is called for. Look around at the various magnesium supplements: many are formulated with magnesium oxide.

It really works

Posted by 4803216334062857158 on Aug 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought this product because I was told that it would help me with irregularity. I have tried other magnesium caps before, but these are the best. I recommend them. They really work!

so important, so underestimated

Posted by alloriginal on Oct 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

to me, magnesium is the most underestimated nutrient there is. This vital mineral has implications in blood pressure, bone formation and a host of other processes. When I don't take magnesium I suffer from debilitating muscle cramps. One or two of these per day could make a major difference in your life. Hey--I've used supplements for over 30 years, and I know what works and what doesn't. Visit my page (alloriginal)for more helpful reviews.

These Definitely Work For Chronic Constipation!

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Feb 08, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I bought this magnesium product because it was supposed to help with chronic constipation that's been all life long according to some reviewers. And these magnesium capsules surely do help. I have been using two capsules daily for a couple of weeks now and now I finally got too loose stool. This is the first product ever that has made a difference to my chronic constipaiton. Magnesium oxide is a laxative when used enough. Now I just need to find the correct dosage. I am not sure how well this product acts for magnesium deficiency though, that's why I gave four stars. Magnesium oxide is often said to be badly absorped by the body. Fortunately, these capsules include other maybe better absorped magnesium forms as well. I am going to use another magnesium product along this one. Please, visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb to see other good products. Enjoy your shopping at iHerb!

Libor - Czech Republic

Posted by 5091197679013014531 on Mar 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This magnesium is a mixture of different forms of magnesium - oxide, succinate, citrate, and glycin-lysin chelate - but it seems to me that magnesium oxide content is quite high and this product is a little bit laxative. 500 mg of magnesium in one capsule is quite high and that is good.

OK

Posted by odereviews on Jul 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I don't recommend this product for people who are looking for their first magnesium product. 500 mg is pretty high dose, and I'd start from tablets you can cut or has less potency. For people who have build high magnesium tolerance, this is a good and cheap choice, also has magnesium is various forms.

sleepy

Posted by Reviewer2854041 on May 26, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Top magnesium. Always helps me too sleep. I notice the difference when I haven't taken it.

Great magnesium

Posted by 4804674032799026873 on Aug 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is one of the few magnesium capsules that actually work. Easy to swallow and fast acting. Very good buy.

Excellent Magnesium

Posted by 4669374726191423505 on Sep 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

reduce my pms such as anxiety .Make me more calming reduce stress. I take 1 cap at bedtime. Good night sleep.

Best Mg

Posted by 4714951693637277288 on Apr 14, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is the best magnesium supplements around as it combines many different forms of Mg.