Helps lung function

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My husband has had great success with this product. It thins the mucus, and makes it easier to clear from the throat. Maybe it is even improving his lung function.

Definite energy booster

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 17, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Felt great right away after taking these, better than other brands of NAC,

Good for its Purpose.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Good mucolytic. Jury is out on how well it scavenges acetylaldehyde, etc.

Lung congestion?

Posted by alloriginal on Aug 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

THIS is the remedy when suffering from chest congestion. It works remarkably well. Seems to work best when taken at the same time as vitamin c, on an empty stomach. Within an hour or two, the congestion is gone and your lungs feel like a teenager again. I take it with an Ester-C. For smokers or former smokers, or anyone afflicted with bronchitis, this is the stuff! Click my reviewer name to see how you can save up to $10 off your first order (free shipping too!). Iherb is the place I trust for all my health needs: low prices, huge selection, unbeatable service, and fast, free shipping. You can't go wrong!

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is good, but I prefer NAC-Sustain...which was out of stock when I ordered this.

amazing antioxidant

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

NAC is a very good antioxidant especially for the liver. It is officialy used as an antidote to paracetamol (acetaminophen) overdose. Also it is used as cough remedie.

Great antioxidant but must take with 1:3 ratio with vitamin C

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This antioxidant must be used with 1:3 ratio of Vitamin C to be truly effective. So I take this with 2 Emergen-C (2g Vitamin C) So 600mg:1800/2000mg is the ratio. Hope that made sense!

treating mood swings. I also have high lead and Mercury levels in my system.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this product for 6 weeks one twice a day and I am feeling well. I will not know for several months if it is the reason for my improvement as my moods (good and bad) can last for several months.

When I must take something with acetaminophen

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I learned to combine NAC with acetaminophen (and a vitamin C) to protecy my liver. I like the LEF brand, though I can't prove they're better than another.

N-Acetyl Cysteine

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Felt the effect immediately (paired with L-Carnosine).

1 2