Unique and from a leader in nutrion research

Posted by NBPT10 on Oct 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Selenium is critical trace mineral. Many people are low in in Selenium. As a result of to factory farming practices it is not as abundant in our food. This mineral is very critical for anyone who has low thyroid function (hypothyroid). It is needed for you body to produce thyroid hormone. A study has show that in some cases it was able to lower the antibodies in those with a thyroid autoimmune condition called Hashimotos disease. Leave it to Life Extension to come up with a unique product that combines 3 forms on selenium into one capsule. They have been on the leading edge of nutrition research for years and have an impressive track record of innovative researched based products. I have been using this for a few months and I trust it to be a good choice. I don't know of anything else like it on the market today. This is great protection to make sure your body is getting this important mineral. Do not supplement more than 400 mcg of selenium in a day. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iherb home page by clicking on my blue colored handle above. There you can read many other value added reviews. If you liked this review kindly click the "YES" button. Peace and good health!

Fantastic product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is another great product from Life Extension. I have thyroid issues as a result of mercury toxicity and I find this product excellent in helping me to stabilize the Hashimotos. Since I have been using this, zinc, iodine and coconut oil, I have started to reverse the Hashimotos and I am now only borderline on the good side. I was told it was irreversible. I would highly recommend this product.

Great selenium supplement!

Posted by Rosie-Posie on Feb 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I take this because I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and selenium helps reduce the thyroid antibodies. This is the suggested dosage according to some doctors, and this supplement has 3 kinds of selenium so you can't go wrong with it. Also contains vitamin E which helps the absorption of selenium. You can't beat the price on iHerb!

This product was recommended on a thyroid forum

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It is too early to say whether I have benefitted from this, but I think I may have done. One week ago, I had terrible pain due to having suddenly got a fallen arch on my right foot. As this complaint can be related to low thyroid function, I took this supplement. After two days of wearing shoes with supportive insoles and taking the selenium (amongst other pro-thyroid things), the foot pain had gone! The pain had been so excruciating that I actually went to the emergency department at the local hospital! I was very surprised to have NO pain at all just two days later. I am hoping the selenium contributed to this rapid recovery.

There is no other Selenium product as good as this one!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

If you are interested in your health, do some research on selenium. You will find that 40-60mcg of good quality Se is enough to top-out the anti-oxidant enzymes. This is where this fantastic Se complex comes in as it provides other forms of Se which are used by the body in other ways, not just the anti-oxidant enzymes (e.g. SeMC form is highly advantageous for cancer prevention/adjunct treatment). It's fairly cost effective at ~$40/year. I wouldn't use any other Se product!!!

Great selenium at a hard-to-beat price

Posted by Admonish on Jan 02, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Selenium is great to combat depression and treat thyroid issues. I got my selenium from brazil nuts earlier, but several sources claim they can often be riddled with toxic mold. This feels safer (and cheaper). Will continue to purchase.

only want selenocysteine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Used to order the single LEF selenocysteine as the other forms are useless. This is not 'upgraded' at all.

Super Selenium

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

It does the job I expected it to do. No complaints.

All Types

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Some say that certain types of selenium work better than other types, with this complex you do not need to gamble as it contains all the types! Selenium is a must have supplement and this fits the bill perfectly!

The best selenium in the site!

Posted by Polly-Petkova on Aug 23, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I like this product very much. I use manu brands of selenium with different concentration. I discover that the L-selenomethionine is the most absorbed from the body. But in combination with vit.E and other form of selene work synergistically /support work/. After starting to use it I have fast down the antibodies of lab points of MAT. The combination occures the best for me.