************* Great product -- PLEASE CONSULT YOU DOCTOR

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Aug 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this product for a year after switching from GNC's niacin (B3). GNC's product was good, but very expensive. I no longer experience the 'Niacin Flush' that people are complaining about. Before taking any megadose supplement/vitamin, you should CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR. Taking large doses of vitamin B3 (niacin) requires you to have good liver function. If your liver function is poor, you could permanently damage it. My doctor specifically told me to STAY AWAY FROM THE ''NO-FLUSH'' NIACINAMIDE. I hope this review helps some people to realize that taking megadoses of niacin should be taken with an informed consent, and the green light from your doctor. . . . . You can find other products I use on my Page! I use only products that have Scientifically Proven benefits.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2316335 on Mar 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I take niacin at 500mg/day for the last two months. It has helped me to increase HDL, nad lower LDL and triglycerides. Also, niacin is the only supplement that has proved to decrease the thicknes of atheromatic plaque. My 14 yo son takes the same amount to help his acme. After one month, results are really impressive. We both flash, but it is not that bad. As a matter of fact, we enjoy it.

like the flush

Posted by Reviewer2959854 on Oct 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I'd prefer a lower dose - say 100mg. I divided the 500mg capsules into 5 portions. Still get the flush.

Ronald Osborne´s Life Extension Vitamin B3 Niacin 500 mg Review

Posted by RonaldOsborne on Oct 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Great alternative to the brand I usually use I ran out of niacin and my skin was beginning to suffer with Eczema again. Life Extension Vitamin B3 is every bit as good as my usual brand. When buying niacin. This product is strictly B3 and it will make you flush, but that is a normal side effect and if you take in in small doses and build up to the correct dosage the side effects do eventually go away. I recommend this product to anyone who needs to take a Niacin supplement, is definately the best I have used.

Life Extension Niacin 500mg

Posted by Reviewer2436442 on May 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Very good for lowering cholesterol levels.

True stuff

Posted by Reviewer1680016 on Dec 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Must be the real deal, as the flush is very strong.

The real thing

Posted by Reviewer1588698 on Sep 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I now this is the real thing by the intense flush I receive, which is what its suppose to do, in helping lower my ldl and rase my hdl.

Not bad

Posted by crisinKR on Jun 30, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I was expecting a flush but the first time I took it I thought I was gonna have a heart attack (and I'm 27!) It was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had with medicines. But I kept at it and now i still get a bit itchy and very red but my body is handling it a lot better. It seems to help my skin too.

Lp(a) reduction

Posted by 5032278071204601254 on Feb 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I was recently diagnosed with Coronary Artery Disease due to very high levels of Lipoprotein (a) -a genetic condition. After 10 weeks taking 1.5g niacin daily my blood levels have dropped from 610mg/L to 260mg/L, far exceeding my expectations of a 30% reduction seen in clinical trials. My doctor was sceptical of my action plan (he advised statins which I refused) and amazed at these results. I will now add Lysine & Proline and measure Lp(a) levels again in 3 months time. A great product which I'm delighted with.

Good Niacin.

Posted by Reviewer1578830 on Aug 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Definitely have a flush with these which is supposed to be a sign of it working. However the flush seems to be rather delayed in onset. Sometimes even hours later, sometimes no flush at all which makes me wonder if it is a result of the combination of other supplements taken at the same time or just some are dud.

1 2 3 4