A hair saviour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It seems we're discovering new and exotic oils almost daily. I'd never heard of Tamanu Oil until stumbling upon it by accident on the IHerb website and am glad I did! It has a dark green colour plus a woody, tree-like scent but is colourless when rubbed in and sinks into skin very well. I've used it on my face as a night-time moisturiser and also on my hair. Where I'm currently living in Saudi Arabia, the salty tapwater is a nightmare! The combination of burning sun and salty water turns the hair into straw in no time! I'd despaired of finding anything to soothe my hair (even coconut oil didn't achieve the desired result). ....Enter Tamanu Oil!! At bedtime I rub a very small amount into my palms and gently apply to the lengths and ends of my hair. In the morning my hair feels smoother and more manageable. Over time I'm sure it will get better and better as I feel the Tamanu Oil is not just softening the hair but feeding it too. Only a tiny amount is required, so the bottle will last for years! Highly recommended.

Tamanu oil: Polynesia's best kept beauty secret.

Posted by Caerulea on May 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

In addition to being cold pressed, organically grown, and free of any additives or preservatives, this amazing oil is an ancient Polynesian beauty secret famous for its powerful cicatrizing, healing, nourishing, regenerating, pain alleviating, antineuralgic, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antioxidant properties and truly an amazing remedy for acne, scars, stretch marks, as well as many other serious skin conditions. Rich in palmitic, stearic saturated fatty acids, oleic, linoleic unsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants, it accelerates healing and the growth of new and healthy skin, encourages cell renewal and regeneration, nourishes, soothes, and repairs dry and damaged skin, relieves pain caused by inflammation, fends off infection, prevents dryness, chapping, and inflammation, improves the skin tone and complexion, restores the skin's elasticity, protects against premature aging. Absorbing quickly without leaving a greasy residue or clogging pores, it's capable of calming itching and allergies, soothing irritation and inflammation, facilitating the healing of small wounds, cuts, burns, sore and chapped lips, fighting acne, blemishes, age spots, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, preventing and reducing scarring and stretch marks, alleviating pain caused by sunburn and dry, peeling and flaky skin and scalp, diminishing fine lines and wrinkles. I've been using this wonderful tamanu oil only for a few weeks, by the results speak for themselves: my skin is no longer dry, flaky and painful to the touch – it's softer, smoother and has a healthy glow, my complexion has improved, my acne has cleared up, redness and inflammation is gone, some fine lines and stretch marks have faded. This wonderful product exceeded all my expectations. So glad I discovered it on iHerb.

THE REAL THING

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Absolutely the real thing! I have been using pure and organic tamanu oil for some time and my skin loves it and looks better and better (and I'm 48). I can vouch for this particular oil. Try it- it's fantastic!

Tamanu, I love you!

Posted by iLove-iHerb on Feb 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This has got to be one of the nicest products I've put on my skin. I've been using it for around 3 weeks and have noticed a subtle but definite refining effect. Small blemishes I had have quickly healed (rather than their usual hanging around for too long) and the general appearance of my skin is smoother and much more even in tone. The side pleasure of this oil is it's scent – in a word, delicious.

Excellent Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have eczema and this product is the best that I found so far.

LOVE THIS OIL!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I can't say enough about this product. I have had very dry facial skin since my late 30's, and my face is also extremely sensitive to products. I finally found a borage oil moisturizer that seemed to somewhat help; however, this product is so long lasting (I actually use it over top of my borage oil moisturizer) and gives my face a youthful glow. Now in my mid 40's, my face looks and feels so youthful because of this product. It also is great to use under makeup since it gives such a silky feel it helps makeup go on smoothly.

Miracle oil!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 30, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Wanted to buy Farsali Volcanic Elixir but they don't ship to Australia. This is the purest Tamanu oil I've tried and after finally getting my hands on the Farsali I went back to this one because it didn't break my out like the elixir did. Definitely try this. Perfect for my acne prone skin, doesn't clog my pores and is extremely moisturizing! I love it under my mineral foundation :) ...my only complaint is I wish it came with a dropper bottle, other than that couldn't be more pleased.

LOVE THIS TO DEATH!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 08, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Nothing much to comment except to try this out. I wish iHerb/Life Flo would sponsor me this because I live in Singapore and it is so difficult to find this oil. Whenever I get any skin irritation from bad skincare/makeup product, this oil calms the inflammation and with consistent use it DOES help to lighten scars and improve skin texture.

fantastic oil for scin!

Posted by Marwell on May 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use it for the first time and get informed about it only on this site, but I'm so happy I purchased it. I was thinking to go to the dermatologist before using it, but now there is no need in this. I had tiny acne rosacea on my cheeks and this oil helped me with this problem within 1 week.

Very Nice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

No oily feeling or terrible smell. It is very moisturizing for my eczema.

1 2 3 4