In a word: Amazing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have tried *every* vegan protein supplement on the market, and finally found the clear winner. Life's Basics is not chalky, gluey, gloppy, gritty, or any of the other bad adjectives that usually apply to vegan protein powders. The flavor is *utterly* innocuous. There's barely any detectable flavor at all in fact, and it certainly isn't of peas or hemp - just the mildest hint of natural vanilla. Don't be afraid of the "unsweetened" status - it really tastes perfectly fine on its own, and blends invisibly into any kind of smoothie. This powder also mixes better than any I've tried (although the tiny flecks of chia seed tend to fall to the bottom quickly in thinner beverages vs. smoothies.) This is hands down the best vegan protein available!

just okay

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am disappointed. i have been purchasing this particular protein for a whole year. But now, the quality of it is NO LONGER what it used to be. it used to be great. now is just okay.

Makes great smoothies

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I blend with frozen berries, coconut oil and water for my breakfast smoothie. No chalky or gritty feel. Good herb-y taste. Excellent product.

Great tasting Protein!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I love this protein. It is from Whole Foods and is unsweetened so it doesn't have the sugar most proteins have. I do add a little vanilla stevia to it to enhance the taste, but it doesn't need much!

Incredible product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Put a little stevia in it and you will love it. I guess a banana would work to. It is a great product.

Love it!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I love this product! I hve to admit the Lifetime's protein powders tend to be sweet (Vanilla & chocolate) so I sometimes mix them Half & half with the unsweeteded Lifetime protein powder, but they are THE BEST vegan protein powder on the market (I dislike rice protein - too gritty, dislike pea protein - Vile!!, hemp just doesn't mix well, stevia - takes like bad liquirish to me) - Lifetime manages to use all three and not only is the result good for you - it tastes sooo good!!! Definatly reccommend!! And the best value for money. Rating 100% A+++ *****

It rocks.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is my favorite protein powder yet -- all vegan, it actually enhances rather than decreases taste, goes down well, and is packed full of good stuff. I recommend the Unsweetened flavor.

Good value

Posted by adechamplain on Mar 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I think Lifetime is great value and good stuff. I might prefer some of the more expensive brand as for taste and texture but I keep lifetime as a regular protein in my cupboard and it does me fine. Actually now I notice that they no longer have the Non GMO tag on the product and when i called the company they informed me that the product was no longer made with non GMO products so I no longer purchase it. This topic (GMO) is too important to ignore and taking high doses of products which could be GMO is not really something I want to do.

Best Vegan Protein Powder I Know Of

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I was in the supplement industry for a while and got to try a lot of different protein powders. It was really hard to find a product that was high in protein, unsweetened, mixed easily and tasted good enough to use every day. Life Time's Life's Basics fits the bill, plus it has omega-3,6,9 fatty acids.

Love this protein mix

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Best protein mix ever! I've been using this for over a year now. Love it!