Natural great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have been going grey quite young at about 25 and used permament colours to cover the grey. It came to every 6 weeks that I had to do it and my hair started to fall out. I thought enough is enough and researched on the Internet for some alternative and found this product. It is really great albeit time consuming for sure but the results are better every time you use the henna. My hair is now really soft and silky. I found that dark brown covers the grey better than chestnut so if you have a lot of grey, then dark brown is for sure better. Also I live in England and delivery charge and speed are very reasonable. Overall it is a great product.

It is messy but it works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this product since JAN.2010. I only mix 1/6 of the product at a time and apply it to my roots only. It covers the grey and gives the impression that my hair is dark brown. Every 2-3 wks I give my self a plain chestnut henna. This helps the texture and shine of my hair. Try to cover your sink area, counters and floor with newspapers or towels as this stuff does stain! I believe the mess and time is worth our good health. I use this product every 4-5 wks on my roots. I add the dark coffee to the second step as they suggest.

Put some honey in Powder 2 for easy application

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

The Powder 1 was easy to apply, but the Powder 2 was too brittle that I had a hard time applying and preventing it from falling from my hair at the same time. Once you manage to apply the Powder 2 successfuly, you will be pleasantly surprised to see that you gray is well covered with a shiny, dark reddish brown color. I've been using henna for about ten years, and as long as result is concerned, this product is the most convincing one that I've ever experienced. I am definitely re-ordering! For those of you who shun this product because of the time required...if you make the paste the day before you apply, then you can start applying from 7 p.m. and complete the whole process by 11 p.m., which I think is not a big deal compare with making a trip to a beauty parlor.

So far, so GOOD!

Posted by MsStaeheli on Jan 14, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I used it for the first time today. Yes, it is messy, time consuming, and tedious. But if it works, it will all be worth it. I followed all the instructions (there are quite a few), and used the longest times. I used intermittent heat (with a bonnet), used coffee, yogurt, washed my hair before dying once with soda in my shampoo and 2nd time without (to get any product out of my hair). I also applied it to clean, but dry hair (hence the yogurt to help moisturize it). I did have a problem with the second batch dripping down my neck. Next time I will mix it a little thicker. If it clumps, just mix it a little thinner, etc. This is the first henna that has come out without red roots. Now, that is tonight, and maybe tomorrow they might show up, but so far my hair is BROWN and not red. I hope it stays that way. My hair is soft, smells (of course!) like henna, and most importantly, has body--the main reason I use henna, as my hair is very, very fine.

disappointed!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

After I read some reviews I bought this product and was very disappointed when I saw that my gray hair turn red instead of dark brown.Also it's washing very quickly - I am at 3th week now since apply it and it looks orange.

Miracle

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was helping my mother shop for an allergy free hair color and none of them really helped with the gray hair. We tried other henna products but they werent worth the time or money. Light mountain color the gray was the best natural hair dye my mother ever used. I recommend this to people who suffer from hair color allergies. I wish I had found this product earlier for my mom. It would have spared her from bad hair color all these years!!!

Covers gray very well

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

The two step system is a lot of work and a bit messy, but the result is amazing: it covers the gray hair very well. Beware that this color is really dark: a very deep, dark brown. For me it is a bit too dark. Next time I'll order the medium brown.

too complicated

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I tried to get 4 different people to apply this product to no avail. The testing is LONG & cumbersome. I only bought it because I was desperate to find something that I wasn't allergic to. Had to throw it away.

Great result :)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have been using Light Mountain Colour the Gray! for some time, this time bought it from iHerb and the colours were stronger than before which is great. Normally the indigo washes out over time or doesn't quite cover the henna (orange-red), this time the indigo was an intense colour and resulted in a dark brown just like it was supposed to! And has hardly washed out. Light Mountain is a great product too to colour the hair naturally without any chemicals.

Natural & easy hair color without the risks of chemicals

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been using Light Mountain Natural Henna (Cover the Grey) for 5 years now. I mix different colors to obtain the desired color. My grey hairs show up as highlights and I have received many compliments from passengers. I highly recommend this product.

1 2 3 4