Excellent coverage of grey

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is not an easy to use product, but it really did a nice job of covering the grey in the front of my hair. I had been using Surya and really loved the look and the ease of application, but it began to take on a pink tone, probably as my grey hair increased. Naturally, it's all in the front. This product did a nice job of covering it without making it look pink, but it is not that easy to apply. I let the mixtures sit for 3 hours as one of the methods advised and the product was hard when it was time to apply. I think adding a little water right before application might make application easier and still give good color. I have re-ordered this product and am happy with the results, but it is not an easy product to apply. It is in powder form and must be mixed to use.

Use lemon juice and have patience

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 21, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This henna is excellent and very effective, especially for grays! Don't listen to those comments with no patience or intelligence to read the directions...it will take a long time, so nuture yourself for a few hours and enjoy fantastic color...with no toxic chemicals. As you use henna your hair will become darker over a few days, IF you use LEMON JUICE or another acidic such as vinegar. Lemons smell better...Ginger or clove will reduce the odor of henna if you don't like the smell. Do an internet search for henna use information if you're truly interested in nourishing yourself and your hair, instead of using a quick toxic fix.

Worked well

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Lasted 4 weeks, the chestnut variety seemed to last longer. Tried putting essence of lavender in to reduce the "swamp gunk" smell, and it worked beautifully. Am going to try the next lighter color next time.

Light Mountain Mahogany

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

If you are like me and concerned about the carcinogenic effects of using hair color this is a good alternative. It is a two-step process and you have to allow time for the henna to cure so it takes a little more time than regular coloring—so plan accordingly. I did not have all the chemical residue from the last coloring out of my hair so the color came out with more gold tones that mahogany but still a nice color. I got good grey hair coverage and my hair felt soft and conditioned, not brittle and dried out like with regular hair color.

What a great product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 11, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Color the grey. This product is amazing. I developed a nasty allergy to chemical hair dyes . This product hs saved my sanity. First of all it's easy and simple to order. Delivery is super fast. Instructions supplied are clearly written. Did a test patch as instructed then proceeded to apply. It mixes easy and coats hair beautifully. Four hours later ...super shiny,glossy hair. The colour!. Wow!. It covered every single grey hair. It has reduced the frizz on my curly hair and it remains,four weeks later, so soft. Many thanks. Will not use another brand again!. X

Great Organic Natural Mahogany Hair Color and Conditioner! SAFE for your hair!

Posted by BeckySue on Sep 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Appreciate that this item is USDA Organic and contains 100% pure botanical hair color. I like that this is ammonia and peroxide free. You get a complete application kit in this complete all natural hair color and conditioning program. This mahogany color contains only pure botanicals and nothing else!

Natural Hair Color

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have really liked the color change after using this product. My hair veers towards red (even without hear) so this came out a little dark red, but I loved it. The only things I will say I didn't like are the fact that it was very messy actually coloring it, and the gritty consistency took a while to wash all the way out. Also, the color bleeds a little each time you wash, so beware of using white towels at all while your hair is color with this. Even several weeks later. Overall though, I love the color. Thanks!

As I remembered

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Used this years ago. Has the great conditioning factor that I remember and nice color cover of the grey.

Great Product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I love this color. I get a very natural looking color that lasts. My hair is very shiny and healthy after using. A little messy to apply but great results.

review of Light Mountain Henna based hair dye.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 31, 2017 | Verified Purchase

the main benefit is that it is non-toxic and does not cause horrendous hives, and skin irritation like chemical based, main stream products, and does not harm the hair follicles, does not disrupt the natural cycles of hair follicles, and does not cause them to fall out, and develop thinning and baldness over time, especially over many applications, over many years. My partner has been successfully using it for over a year now. No adverse effects !! No horrendous skin irritation, no thinning, no baldness !! Her hair seems to be thickening slightly. The drawback is the time for the dye to set. it takes hours, where chemical dyes take just minutes. She usually has to have the preparation on for at least 4 hours to develop the colour, and tone to the roots, to cover her gray. Chemical dyes are more permanent, but of course can't mitigate against root growth problems. chemical dyes have a far greater range of colours.

1 2