Henna, henna, henna...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Henna is truly a mess. You have to be so committed to avoiding chemicals to even fool with it. This product is a henna kit. First you apply the bright red henna undercoat (Step 1) to cover gray and give the second step something to bond to. Next you apply the Step 2 indigo/henna blend. Finally, you rinse for a long, long time. But this DOES actually cover gray. If you have gray roots, henna alone does not cover them. It is twice the work, but you need to use a kit like this to cover gray effectively. Medium brown is a good color, not too dark. I once used the dark brown version of this and ended up with black strands. So I stick with medium brown. INDIGO is impossible to remove. Do a strand test. PS You cannot go into chlorinated water once you have hennaed your hair unless you wear a bathing cap. Chlorinated pool water WILL turn your hair forest green. Word to the wise.

I reccomend it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 10, 2008 | Verified Purchase

It was time consuming and yeah a lil messy, but after years of using store bought colorants and frying my hair it was worth the time!! I have gotten nothing but compliments on my hair and people asking where I had it done. I tell em it was not a salon, did it myself and it was all natural ingredients and they are shocked! You have to follow the timing for step one and two EXACTLY or the color wont set right. If you are in a hurry, this is not for you, but if you want something GOOD for your hair and covers the gray *very well I might add!* this is for you!

Healthy Way to Cover Gray

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 20, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this product for about a year. It is a bit messy but the results are great! After being diagnosed with medullary thyroid cancer I was uneasy about using hair color that was full of chemicals. This product allows me to keep my hair beautifully colored and shiny but without the possibility of endangering my health. As always, I-Herb offers a great price and fast shipping!

LOVE

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 04, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This product works so well!! the gray coverage is awesome and the coverage in general lasts longer than anything I have used. It doesn't fade as quickly as other products and even though it fades eventually, the gray looks more like highlights and not grey. The grow-out appears before it fades. I have medium brown hair and I use this product with coffee so the hair is more brown than reddish. I am sticking with this product!!!

First Henna - Transition from chemically treated hair

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

After an alarming neurological reaction to a home hair color kit, I decided to switch to a safer alternative. Because my hair was dry from the chemicals and inherently dry by nature being curly; I followed the advice given to first use neutral henna. I am incredibly pleased with the outcome. I have a significant amount of grey at the temples and under my bangs and assumed it would be a challenge to cover it. Although I was aware neutral henna could impart blonde/yellow tones to grey hair I was only expecting to prepare my hair for a brown henna. I'm really pleased that the neutral henna has done a beautiful job blending in the grey with blonde tones. I will be experimenting in the near future with the box of medium brown henna cover the grey but might try it as a gloss to avoid any unwanted red tones. I will follow up with those results. I am a happy convert to henna. I didn't find the process as messy as many people report and because I have short hair, it wasn't too challenging to rinse out with the use of some conditioner. I will most definately be a regular henna user.

This product works!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 09, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is messy and time consuming but it does work. I have been using it for 2 years now and I like how my hair looks. I am glad that I do not use commercial dyes any longer...they burned my scalp...but I am not ready to go grey yet-this is a healthy alternative...you do need time and patience. Please follow the directions closely-you get better results. I add the day old coffee which really does work too!

A great alternative to chemical hair coloring products

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 21, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I just colored my hair yesterday. I have learned to really condition my hair prior to using this product and leaving the henna step 1 and step 2 to cure for 2-3 hours before using it. I leave it in my hair for one hour and cover with a plastic bag, It is a very messy process but it works. The more you use it the better it takes and I find that using conditioner to rinse the last step helps get most of the henna out.

Very Satisfied

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

my mom has been using this product for about 5 months now & she really likes it. it's much better than the traditional chemical hair dyes almost everyone uses nowadays. the color lasts for much longer (more than 4 weeks) & the hair becomes so healthy & shiny it's beautiful. but i would say that getting the color that you want takes trial & error; if you want a lighter brown color or some light brown highlights, then add turkish coffee instead of plain water. also, it's a lengthy process (about 4-5 hours), so set a pampering day for yourself aside. otherwise, amazing product & in the long term you won't have any of the side effects of chemical hair dyes.

Very healthy hair

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this product for close to 5 years now and my hair is fabulously conditioned and healthy. The dye lasts better than chemical dye and I always get comments bout my hair as it looks naturally brown. It covers the grey very well...I just add a little lemon juice to the henna and the dye seems to take better. Thank you iherb! One very happy customer

BEST ABSOULUTE PRODUCT COLORS GRAY AND HAS BEAUTIFUL COLOR

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

AFTER PLAYING WITH MANY HENNA'S I FOUND THIS IS THE TRUEST BROWN W/O THAT RED TINT USUALLY LEFT WHEN USING HENNA .I VOTE EXCELLENT

1 2 3 4