Awesome!

Posted by Reviewer2438775 on Mar 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I bought this hair color for indigo gloss. I've been dyeing my hair before with henna-indigo-mixtures, but the color has always been a bit too reddish for me. I found out that I could use something with lots of indigo to get rid of the reddish color from my hair. So I mixed 3-4 tablespoons of this powder with a bit of water and a lot of silicone-free conditioner and a bit of avocado oil. I washed my hair with a deep cleansing shampoo and applied the mixture to my hair. I left it on for about 50 minutes and after that my hair was perfect! All the redness was gone and the result was a beautiful chocolate brown. My hair felt so smooth and silky and it looked so healthy and shiny! I can't rave enough of this, I simply love it! The price is so cheap so I will definitely buy more of this!

super!

Posted by Reviewer1439775 on Apr 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

soft on skin, not so much difficult to use! the color is good enough to cover asians' white hair.

Works like a charm

Posted by Reviewer2235288 on Oct 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

It was my first time using henna for hair dye, since I'm afraid of any of the chemical stuff out there. Nothing went wrong despite the mess it makes, and I wish they could supply a better wrap for the head, but using your own disposable shower cap gets the job done much better. My scalp was blue with indigo for the next few washes, but eventually it fell out. Also, the color rubs off onto your pillow the first few nights, so throw a towel on top of that to keep it safe. The end product is well worth it, though! Rich black, soft, shiny...everything you can ask for out of your hair.

Light mountain Black

Posted by Reviewer2370816 on May 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have grey hair and had use the medium "color the grey" which gave me a reddish hue. I was pleased that the light mountain Black did not leave my hair red. I did not use heat and left it on for about 3 hours to obtain the desired effect( a few auburn highlights).

Good but it starts to fade off gradually from 2nd wash

Posted by Reviewer1159597 on Jan 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I am an Asian with 50% gray hair. I mixed Light Mountain Dark Brown (2/3) and Black (1/3) to achieve my natural hair colour i.e. Dark Brown. I apply the henna on my hair for 2hrs. The effect is good but I have to touch-up every week as the colour starts to fade from the 2nd wash. I am waiting for my order Shikai, Color Reflect, Deep Shampoo to come, I hope it helps to maintain my colour without the frequent touch-ups. Will review on the product in due time.

Might contain allergy containing chemicals

Posted by 5263480129510598963 on Jan 24, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I'm suspicious that this dye may contain allergy-causing chemicals that are not on the ingredients list. I may be wrong about this, but today I used this hair dye and am feeling the same symptoms I've had in the past from an allergic reaction to hair dye chemicals. Not quite as bad, but still pretty bad. Could be a coincidence, but I won't risk using this dye again. I have used pure henna powder and other brands of henna/indigo with absolutely no reactions at all.

Softer hair

Posted by Reviewer2704828 on May 21, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Preparation was easy. Rinsing a little difficult to get all the plant stuff out of your hair. Color enhanced my own naturally dark hair. The best part is the conditioning. It makes your hair stay soft and silky.

Great product for coloring hair

Posted by Reviewer3086358 on Jan 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Love the result of dying hair with henna! My hair became very shiny and manageable. Also, the price is great.

Good conditioner

Posted by Reviewer1080812 on May 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Smooth hair but no color it.

No colour

Posted by 5748204374453391527 on Feb 08, 2016 | Verified Purchase

It smells just like henna and the application and processing is the same. There was absolutely so colour change at all and didn't condition like henna used to. Maybe ok for others but not for me, such a pity, I love to use natural products.

1 2 3 4