Luxurious organic black rice.

Posted by Leione on Apr 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

So delicious and nutritious. In addition to being gluten free and suitable for people with celiac disease and gluten intolerance, this ancient Chinese rice is rich in protein, dietary fiber, niacin (vitamin B3), vitamin B6, thiamin (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), folic acid (vitamin B9), manganese, selenium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, iron, calcium, potas sium, phytosterols, antioxidants and flavonoids (including the very rare anthocyanins responsible for its dark color), and is beneficial for people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism and even cancer: it helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, prevents blood spikes keeping you full longer, aids digestion, prevents heartburn and acid reflux, increases appetite, soothes the stomach lining, reduces colon inflammation, normalizes blood pressure, lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, helps maintain healthy bones and teeth, and even reduces the risk of cancer. I love this amazing rice: not only is it delicious and great in different recipes, but also it helps normalize my cholesterol levels and blood pressure and relieves the symptoms of my acid reflux and gastritis. Wonderful product. Highly recommended.

special taste,highly recommended...you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Posted by PracticalReviews on Jul 13, 2013 | Verified Purchase

takes about 30-40min to cook,half the time of whole rice.easier to digest than whole rice and the texture is rich & somewhat flexible.very glad i tried this one,its a keeper!...

I would highly recommend this rice

Posted by TBReviews on Aug 09, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is an excellent rice! It is a short grain rice, it cooked up beautifully, it doesn't swell or fluff like white rice and the taste is fantastic. The taste is different than that of white rice. The flavour is stronger and distinctly nutty. It is gluten free, it is also HIGHLY nutritious with very high levels of antioxidants. I would highly recommend this rice. Enjoy and be healthy. If you find my review helpful, please click "YES"

YUM YUM YUM!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 04, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is the best rice I have ever tried! It is wonderful in caribbean food! I mixed it in with chicken, pineapple, black beans, and caribbean seasonings. Wonderful!

Simple, tasty, and nutritious!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My order arrived quickly and in excellent condition. The rice tastes really good even plain. I ordered it because I discovered that black rice contains a lot of minerals and anthocyanins (more than blueberries!). I really enjoyed cooking a bowl for dinner.

Absolutely delicious!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this after living in Korea for 2 years. They often used this rice mixed with white rice and I loved it. It gives your rice a lovely purple color(I mix mine Korean style...3/4 white rice 1/4 this rice). If you are looking to liven up your rice with healthy wholesome ingredients this is it!

flavorful rice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This rice has both texture and flavor. Cooks up faster than brown with a much better flavor.

Black rice is the way forward, plus it's really tasty

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 07, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I seem to be judging all foods these days by how my blood sugar reacts. Black rice (unlike white and brown) is a rice that for me, at least, doesn't affect my glucose results that much. Which means I don't have to use as much insulin. Black rice is more nutty, has a better texture. I am really vegetarian for the most part, but had this once with salmon and raw spinach..it was incredible.

Different rice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

We enjoy this rice in a dish with beans and salsa. Nice flavor and different appearance. It is supposed to be loaded with antioxidants.

Forbidden Rice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I found iherb great to deal with,and i really like the rice,great flavour.