Tastiest and the loveliest crunchiness-chewiness

Posted by Reviewer3000993 on Aug 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The best tasting short grain brown rice ... and the only one I cook with these days. For those who complain about length of cooking required ... the solution is pre-soaking the grains! After rinsing, drained, measure out the required amount of water (I use 1:1 ratio, that is, 1 cup water for one cup rice, as I like my rice very crunchy rather than mushy - but NOTE that this is AFTER rinsing and draining), and let it soak for 45 minutes to an hour, then cook as you would for white rice ... I use a regular inexpensive electric rice-cooker (no need for those fancy supa-dupa rice-cookers with multi-settings). For how to cook rice without a rice cooker (that is, in a pot on a stovetop) ... goggle and you will find lots of tips. Basically, it is high heat till the water boils, then lower heat to barely simmering for 15 minutes, then turn off the heat and let the pot sit for another 15 to 30 minutes STILL COVERED. For a super awesome taste, add lentils ... I use a mix of green, red, and black. This short grain brown rice also makes the best fried rice!!

Rice is not new crop

Posted by Reviewer2402962 on Mar 31, 2009 | Verified Purchase

The rice I got has an expiration date that is 6 months away from the date I purchased. I would never buy rice that has been sitting in the shelf for that long I had seen its expiration date. I know rice usually has a good shelf life. I only like new crop. If there is no way to specify this, I don't think I would buy it from this website again. I was very happy to find out your website, was planning on getting all my grains from you, but the "old" rice experience ruined everything. The taste is totally different, new crop vs. 'old' crop.

Great!

Posted by holahola on Apr 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Will buy again.

New to short grain brown rice - really like it

Posted by Reviewer2940852 on Jan 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I've used organic long grain brown rice and basmati brown for years. Just tried the organic short grain brown rice and really enjoyed this better than the long grain. I like the texture better and the flavor is smoother to me. Cooks the same as the other two and doesn't smell as aromatic, but the taste is just better - more like a comfort food than the other two. The bag suggests the short grain is good when you need a stickier rice, but I'm using it just like I have the long grain. I'm happy to have found something new by default.

cannot go wrong

Posted by 101010011 on Jul 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

one of the better brown rices, and i do not usually care for brown rice. easy to sprout too

Delicious

Posted by Reviewer2967892 on Sep 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Thanks to your expeditious shipping and delivery process the rice arrived on time for my sister's birthday and it was delicious.

I love it !

Posted by Reviewer3121826 on Sep 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was looking for brown rice instead of sticky white rice(like japanese rice)what I like,this brown rice is great!

This rice is the bread of my life!

Posted by Reviewer3304247 on Aug 31, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Excellent in texture in flavor -- chewy, sweet, nutty. I've been buying it for years, and hope to keep buying it for years more.

short grain rice

Posted by Reviewer1882649 on Apr 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

delicious!

Good rice.

Posted by Reviewer1027747 on Nov 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Am very satisfied with quality and taste of this rice. (I do wish the price were a little lower.)