Amazing gourmet whole grain red rice.

Posted by Leione on Jun 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Very aromatic, delicious, and nutritious red rice with a nutty flavor. In addition to being gluten free and suitable for people with celiac disease and gluten intolerance, non-GMO, and eco-friendly, this unique red rice is rich in protein, dietary fiber, niacin (vitamin B3), vitamin B6, thiamin (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), folic acid (vitamin B9), manganese, selenium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, iron, calcium, potas sium, phytosterols, antioxidants and flavonoids (including the very rare anthocyanins responsible for its reddish-brown color), and is beneficial for people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism and even cancer: helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, prevents blood spikes keeping you full longer, flushes toxins out of the body, aids digestion, prevents heartburn and acid reflux, increases appetite, soothes the stomach lining, reduces colon inflammation, normalizes blood pressure, lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, boosts and strengthens the immune system, neutralizes free radicals, helps maintain healthy bones, teeth, joints, skin, nails, and hair, and even reduces the risk of cancer. It's a great healthy addition to any diet and I love it: not only is it delicious and great in different recipes, but also it helps normalize my cholesterol levels and blood pressure and relieves the symptoms of my acid reflux and gastritis. Wonderful product. Highly recommended.

Stinks

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Will not purchase it again. NONE of Lundberg's rice is worth a darn!

This is one of my favourite rices

Posted by DoctorMav on Oct 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I also like black japonica rice. These products are difficult to source in Australia at a reasonable price so I am pleased I can get from i-herb!

Wehani- cheaper than at Whole Foods

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Imagine- even with shipping, it's much cheaper than at the nearest Whole Foods that even carries it. Since it's a must ingredient for CPK chicken corn chowder I like to keep it on hand. Thanks for making my life easier!

a favorite

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The rice smells so fantastic as it cooks! the red color and nutty flavor make it a perfect side dish alone or in pilaf.

Wehani Rice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Superb Product

versatile

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This special rice is great for deserty-type mixtures (like cooked with apples and pie spices).

Nutty flavor great texture

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I make a wehani, brown and wild rice mix. I find that it tastes good, is less expensive and I can add more wehani if I make it myself.

My flavor rice bar none!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I love trying exotic rices, being gluten intolerant... but this one's my favorite due to the beautiful color, texture and the yummy buttery popcorn smell as it cooks. I was so glad that Iherb had it, as I can find the other Lungberg rices locally, but this one is always sold out!

Love the flavor

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

amazing nutty and sweet flavor little more sticky but not a sticky rice delicious

1 2 3