Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Maca is an adaptogen that is well known to increase libido for both men/women without affecting hormones. It helps to increase fertility, improve immunity, nutrient dense (rich in amino acid, phytonutrients, healthy fats, vitamin and minerals), nourishes the endocrine system, balances the hormones relieve exhausted adrenal glands which help to handle stres s, increase energy levels, improve physical endurance and elevates our mood. Maca has a sweet and slight root taste. I find maca magic brand is more sweet than navitas naturals brand. I consider it pleasant tasting. It’s a good price for 454g of maca. Personally, I find that the libido boost and energy boost is quite observant. This is a good way to take maca as well as compared to those capsules of 500mg or tablets of 1000mg (seriously low in dosage). I like to mix with chocolate based blend like Amazing Gras s Chocolate to drink. This is also the best value for money though it's not organic. I am not so worried about organic for maca as maca are grown in the high mountainous region in Peru and maca magic has monitored over the growing proces s. Check out my page for more reviews!

Awesome stuff but don't be afraid to heat it or cook with it...

Posted by ThinkingforMyself on Nov 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Update Nov 16, 2011: I started heating this because I read that raw maca has goitrogens. I tried boiling it in water and drinking it, and unfortunately did this last night and I was wide awake all night! This morning, afraid I'd be sleep all day, I heated some in the oven and put it in a smoothie. I was full of energy and not sleepy at all, and not only felt like working out, I felt like going for a walk afterwards. It seems to work better after heating! I will definitely continue to use this. Original Review: After I purchased this maca to help balance my hormones, I came across a video warning about maca causing cystic acne breakouts. The next day I began to break out. I have no idea if the maca is actually causing it or if it's just the power of suggestion, but I do seem to break out when I take it. I'm also going very easy on the dosage, as I've read other warnings that it can cause severe stomach upset. Otherwise, it seems like a great supplement, and this size is a good value.

Excellent.

Posted by Reviewer3009398 on Nov 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

As good as what I was able to buy in Peru. Taste is more sweet than bitter, unlike what I have purchased here in Australia previously. Price is also the best I can find, including international delivery to Oz. Love this maca, will buy more.

maca is good for you

Posted by LadyEnigma on Oct 05, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I bought maca originally because I heard that it help's with hypothyroidism. I've found out through my experience with taking maca that it doesn't only help with my hypothyroidism but also speeds up my mental functioning. I was finding that I was pulling out more information during conversations then I thought I had actually retained and it gave me so much energy. Maca also helped extremely lessen my social anxiety. My experience with maca in general has been magic and I will continue to recommend it to all my friends. I am incredibly pleased with my purchase! Tastes awesome; the best tasting maca in the world! I make a smoothie with it daily with just over 8 oz. unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2 generous scoops of Orgain chocolate protein powder, 4 ice cubes, 1 cup organic frozen cherries, 1 heaping tsp of maca powder. Want to find out how to save money, click "YES" and see MORE useful info by CLICKING ON MY NAME.*

Maca Magic

Posted by Reviewer1980664 on Feb 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've used tis product for two months & I've seen a difference in energy.

Excellent, Superb Maca!

Posted by BelieveJesus4EternalLife on Jun 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Best Maca on the market, I believe. This is much better than Navitas, IMO. I feel Way more of an affect- and I'm quite sensitive to my body. The affect is long-lasting. It works as an adaptogen, increases energy and other things that maca is known to do- it definitely does. Man, what a great value. Great product. All I eat is brown rice with egg whites, and put some of this maca in my brown rice after it has cooled down. All I can say is this is worth it! Get this big bag. You won't regret it! I will try to never be without this, God willing. Thanks IHerb! I love iherb.

let's grow maca....

Posted by Reviewer3218974 on Dec 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

A Chinese pharmacologist once told me to eat enough to make a difference....so I have been eating about 1/4 to 1/2 cup daily in vitamin laced smoothies....and there is a definite shift in the feeling of strength and stamina in my body....onward...!

"may cause birth defects"

Posted by 5436635851791759563 on Oct 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

it has a (very small actually) label on it that it may cause birth defects, but it's not written in the product description! peaple should pay attention to these stuff...

magic smoothies

Posted by Reviewer1889605 on Jan 22, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I put this in our smoothies..smells sweet like honey...love it

Tastes great

Posted by Reviewer1265016 on Aug 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This looks, tastes and smells identical to the organic brand I've purchased and seems to have the exact same effect. Good price