Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 29, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I love the MaCafe. I felt an eye-opening energy within ten minutes of adding it to my decaffeinated coffee. It gives me a more gentle, longer lasting lift than caffeine. I find it interesting that, like wine, everyone perceives a different flavor from the maca. To me, it tastes like chicory, which makes it a nice complement to coffee. A little goes a long way...I make my coffee less strong, and use 1/4 teaspoon of MaCafe. I recommend it for what ails you. A great adaptogen!

black coffee

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I love MaCafe!!! I adore black coffee,even though I quit drinking it 3 years ago...this reminds me of black coffee..I drink it very plain...no sugar,milk ,nothing but MaCafe and hot water....every morning..I use half a teaspoon or less....a little goes a long way,like someone mentioned before.....

Good Stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Very robust flavor and good for the adrenals!

Refreshing Maca

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

The taste is unusual and takes a little getting used to, and the powder doesn't mix easily. But Maca Magic MaCafe gives you a refreshing lift and is very good for you. I like it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Absolutely love it in my coffee. Clarity of mind comes with every day use.

Maca coffee alternative, very nice.

Posted by GallaChiro on Mar 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I did not know what to expect but after only 2 cups I really like this. Its very strong so you only need a half teaspoon. I add it to a little goat milk and hot water for a great coffee alternative. It does need a little bit of extra stirring over the other instant chicory and barley coffee alternatives. I would describe the taste as a cross between a very smooth deeply smokey alternative coffee blend and a smooth milk hot chocolate. Very unusual but I am hooked. Even my dog begs to lick the cup after I finish.

I like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I needed something to keep me going through the day but can't have caffeine due to my adrenal fatigue. This helps, and it tastes similar to coffee or postum.

Different

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Its quite a strong pungent flavor. Just a little different from the maca of the same brand that im used to. Then i realized i bought macafe which is supposed to be like coffee, so it works great with Milk and honey dissolved in water or tea. nasty by itself otherwise in my opinion. Same energetic benefits. Would consider purchasing again if original isnt avail.

Pretty Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is a nice coffee substitute. It smells really good , a combo of caramel and coffee and yet tastes like neither. It has a unique taste that is "rooty", it is from a root after all. It does give me energy and wakes me up within 20 min. to 1/2 hr if taken in the morning. I tend to like my beverages straight but with the "macafe" a little ricemilk seems to pull the taste into coherence. My only complaint is that there is a little deposit (I guess it's unavoidable)that requires you to sometimes stir a little. All in all I recommend it. Oh! and a little does go a long way with this small container.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 19, 2007 | Verified Purchase

A little bit goes a long way. Has a very strong roasted root flavor. I mix it w/my other grain drink to boost the nutritional value and give it a heartier flavor. Recommended.

1 2 3