More Nutritious Brown Suger Substitute

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 30 2012 | Verified Purchase

A nice product but be aware that it is not white in color as you might expect from coconut meat so does not replace white sugar. It is produced from the flower part of the palm and is brown, very close to date sugar in taste, with the same sort of grainy texture. A good product nevertheless.

Very nice

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 11 2013 | Verified Purchase

I prefer this to regular sugar now. It has a more complex flavor and isn't as sickly sweet. As it says you can substitute 1:1 but I haven't tried it myself. Not being as sweet adjustments might have to be made. It is delicious on cereal or porridge though and only the tiniest sprinkling is needed.

Posted by LoveLife on March 21 2013 | Verified Purchase

The taste is amazing. It gives such a pleasant caramel flavor! I enjoy my morning coffees more now. No kidding, a natural coffee with a caramel taste is what sets my mood for the day!

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 12 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have never been partial to the taste of cane sugar. I have tried to find a sweetener that I love. Maple syrup and honey taste better to me than cane sugar, but this beats them all. It is a really "gentle" flavor and the most delicious sweetener I have ever tried. Wish I had discovered this years ago, and love that it is much lower on the glycemic index than all the above as well.

Pretty good in taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 18 2013 | Verified Purchase

but I guess this one is not as nutritious as the Wholesome one. I use this one to brew my water kefir grains. WK grains grow sooooo big and some even swim in the Wholesome with water, but in this one they are not so big and active.

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 20 2012 | Verified Purchase

godt alternativt til sunnere sukker

Great product, convenient form of Gula Melaka

Posted by junejuniadin on April 6 2014 | Verified Purchase

Coconut sugar has been a staple in Malay cooking/baking and is known as gula melaka. However, gula melaka usually comes in chunky blocks which requires shaving. So this coconut sugar is a more convenient form to use, although I have to say the aroma is not as strongly sweet as gula melaka. Still, to be used as a substitute for white sugar, this is a great product~

Caramel-y sweetener

Posted by MissGreen on April 13 2014 | Verified Purchase

Perfect for chocolate cakes or anything that can do with an added slightly caramel-y flavour.

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 27 2014 | Verified Purchase

I only wish I had discovered this alternative to sugar a long time ago. It is so tasty in hot drinks, sprinkled on smoothy or cereal. It is also reasonable and full of goodness.

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 4 2014 | Verified Purchase

Simplemente la adoro, pero en general adoro todo lo que provenga del coco jijiji. Excelente producto.