First time trying steal cut oats!

Posted by Sweetx-Shorty on May 30, 2013

I didn't even know what i was missing out... Moved progressively from instant to rolled and ultimately steel cut. And i'm staying with steel cuts. INitially quite hesitant to try this one out because of the long (30mins!!) cooking time but McCann managed to cut that by more than 20%! Now all i gotta do is to pop these babies into the microwave for less than 10minutes (not even on the stove) and i get a steaming bowl of whole hearty oats. What's not to love~

Quick, hearty and yummy!

Posted by Reviewer1854455 on May 01, 2012

I love waking up and making these steel-cut oats. They are quick and keep my energy levels strong through the morning. I actually wake up and can't wait to get this stuff on the stove. I mix in almonds/walnuts and cinnamon, then I add honey and dried fruit on top. Delicious! I wish it came in a larger can - but the size and weight is very manageable. I can't believe the price! Try it.

Easy to make/microwave

Posted by 4638520919474967745 on Mar 24, 2014

1) Make sure you have a BIG bowl... I tried it the first time in a normal sized one and it boiled over the sides 2) I add already boiling water and then nuke for 5 minutes at full strength covered -- I'm in Asia with 240v so my micro might run hotter than yours.... then I let it sit for a few minutes 3) I add a dash of milk AFTER it's been cooked, this seems to really add to the texture Add fruit or other... iherb has some dried apples which I find work really well. Makes for a very filling and satisfying meal

very tasty

Posted by 5439766529924141506 on Aug 14, 2014

Encountered those during my first order from Iherb. Up untill now we were eating oat flakes Quacker, so the oat taste is familiar. Then tried these! Good decision. Much tastier and as appeared healthier than the flakes. I add a bit of salt to a boiling water and a bit of sugar when the oats are ready. My 3 year old daughter loves it, even the 8 years old had tried and enjoyed (she doesnt eat flakes because of the "yuk" final texture, these have more solid texture). what more can I ask :) Will definately reorder. BTW the can itself doesnt have cutting edges so will use it as a crayons holder when emptied ;)

Nice!

Posted by Reviewer1582777 on Sep 17, 2014

It cooks well if you use a microwave, which I do, and tastes very nice indeed.

My Breakfast Staple

Posted by Reviewer1515973 on Feb 10, 2012

I had never tried steel cut oats before but now that I have I might never go back to regular oatmeal.

The Best Oatmeal

Posted by Reviewer1973002 on Jan 02, 2012

yum

Very good

Posted by AnnaZeitlin on Jan 02, 2012

Very good and tasty oatmeal

So much quicker

Posted by Reviewer2174049 on Oct 08, 2011

i never have time for the regular one, this is quick and easy!

Greatist Irish Oatmeal

Posted by 5458973914794307558 on Nov 27, 2013

I have been eating this for 2 years now. The taste is great, easy to fix in the microwave. What else could ask for? I eat the oatmeal at least 5 times a week for breakfast. Sometimes I also eat it for dinner when I am to lazy to fix anything else. Believe me this is Not like Quaker oats. It has so much more flavor and texture than rolled oats. Just try it don't take my word for it. I put a little frozen fruit in before I microwave it and a little honey in it when I fix it. It is so GOOD.

1 2 3 4