THE FINEST, MOST DELICIOUS, OATMEAL IN THE WORLD

Posted by LeslieKenton on Apr 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I discovered McCann's Irish Oatmeal when I lived in Paris some 40 years ago. So wonderful was it that I wrote to the company in Ireland to congratulate them on the product. To my great surprise, they wrote me back a charming letter and sent me six tins of this product as a gift to thank me for my enthusiasm. I only recently discovered that iherb.com sells it. Hooray! It is like no other oatmeal on earth. It takes 30 minutes to simmer and is well worth the wait. I love mine topped with butter or sheep's milk and a sprinkling of organic cinnamon.

Love it, love it, love it!

Posted by CatherineByTheSea on Jun 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I love it a lot more than a regular quick "1 min" oatmeal. I don't cook it as recommended on the package. I make it a lot more simple: in the evening I take thermos, preheat it with boiling water, add 4 tbsp of oats, fill it up with boiling water, close the thermos tightly and leave till the morning. In the morning I serve warm oatmeal with fruits and honey.

Fantastic for make ahead breakfast

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 13, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Cook in a little butter to bring the nuttiness out (1 cp oats, 1 tsp butter/veg/coconut oil) Add water and salt, and boil for three minutes (3 cups water, 1/2 tsp salt) Put on the lid and let sit overnight (or 4 hours) Portion out for the week and simply warm up and add in your favorites! Make ahead breakfast, breakfast on the go!

Good for the Heart and the Wallet, too.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Have been eating McCann's Irish Oatmeal for years. Unfortunately, the grocery store where I have purchased my oatmeal has been jacking the price up so I needed to find the oatmeal that I love at a more economical price. iHerb to the rescue. Saved nearly $12.00 on my total order. To me this was abut the cost of the produce, but some folks may not like the fact that traditional oat meal takes some time to prepare even with the few short cuts I use. Can't beat the taste in my mind so I'll take the time.

Wonderful

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I'm from New Zealand where you can only buy rolled oats, so I didn't really understand what I was buying and have never tried this kind of oatmeal before. So when I examined the cooking instructions, at first I was surprised at the length you have to go to in preparing this, but when it came time to eating, I was very excited and impressed! This will definitely be a regular part of my breakfast options from now on! As an oldie, I also like the retro-style can.

Delicious

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I love the nutty taste of this oatmeal. I cook a large pot of it at the start of the week and reheat it every morning with soy milk and blueberries. Easy and healthy.

Good oatmeal but poor packaging....

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Product is good. Dented cans received due to poor packaging..no recovery service follow up from iherb.

Dented cans but great oats

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I was shipped 9 cans of steel cuts oats. A significant number of the cans were dented. Big dents not little dents. While dents were not large enough cause the oats to spill out it does raise a question as to how well they were packed considering there weren't any marks on the exterior of the shipping box.

The Best Oat Meal money can buy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 06, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is not available in Singapore. I ordered it online. Fast shipping and received it just a few days after placing order. Taste was very good. Probably the best oat meal I tasted in my life. Will buy again.

Absolutely delicious!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 30, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have always been a fan of old fashioned rolled oats...until now! Irish Oatmeal is my new favorite. BTW, it has many uses besides just being a cereal with milk and sugar. I use it instead of toast with my morning poached egg...so filling you can go all day without getting hungry. Also use it (cooked) as a thickener in my daily vegetable soup. Make it ahead and freeze daily portions. It heats up in the microwave in two minutes. Couldn't be easier!