I CAN'T SPEAK HIGHLY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS PRODUCT!

Posted by Reviewer2373550 on Jan 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I was pretty anemic and the doctor told me I had four weeks to take my own supplements. He said he did not think that it would work, but he told me to take a certain amount and in four weeks my anemia was LONG GONE. Had blood tests before during and after. I took this with a bit of grapefruit juice sometimes on an empty tummy with no trouble! Am very healthy now. The other thing I did was take digestive enzymes, to make sure it absorbed. Hope this helps someone!

The best iron out there

Posted by Reviewer3062417 on May 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is the most bioavailable iron I have found with no side effects. The only side effects are positive ones as I am no longer anemic and feel strong through the entire month!

great product

Posted by Reviewer3193805 on Jan 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I used Floradix Iron and herbs for my first pregnancy and it was awesome, but for some reason in my second pregnancy, it wasn't doing it for my body. My midwives recommended the Blood Builder and all of a sudden I had tons of energy and was feeling great. It took about a week ish for it to get to my system though (normal for iron absorption).

THE BEST

Posted by Reviewer2745716 on Jul 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been vegan for just under a year now, and despite my best efforts I just can't seem to get my iron levels up to a normal/safe level. These pills were suggested to me by an employee at my local health food store, and I absolutely LOVE them! They can be taken on an empty stomach and don't cause any digestion problems like most other iron pills do. This is because MegaFood adds whole foods like beets, broccoli, and oranges to their pills, instead of just adding the supplement. This makes it much easier for your body to digest! At my local health food store I can buy 90 tablets for the price of this bottle that has 180 tablets. This is a huge money saver for me, as I'm getting double the amount for half the price! AWESOME!

The only iron supplement I can tolerate

Posted by Reviewer2135615 on Mar 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is the only iron supplement that doesn't make me nauseous or constipated.

No more anemia

Posted by Reviewer2834256 on Dec 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have had terrible, chronic anemia for years, tried many supplements but the anemia was never cured. After taking this product for may be six months I feel much more energized, alert. (Though I felt more energized from the start of use) I went to my doctor and had an test for anemia to be sure and the test proved I'm 100% free of anemia. Very happy. Nice value to just buy this big jar of the stuff. My husband takes it too sometimes and says it gives him lots of energy.

Recommeded by health practitioner.

Posted by Reviewer1014892 on Sep 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

These tablets do not hurt my stomach. I take 3 or 4 at a time with juice and a meal or a snack. I am anemic and take them 2 or 3 times a day. Will buy again.

Misleading label. Contains synthetic vitamins and minerals, including folic acid.

Posted by Reviewer2572754 on Mar 11, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I was very disappointed and disturbed to find out that this brand, which I have been using consistently for years, is not what I thought it was. I thought their "food state nutrients" were made wholly from food sources, as the list of ingredients would suggest. It was only by chance I read someone else's review of MegaFood Vit C. That reviewer stated that they called MegaFood and discovered that it was ascorbic acid mixed in with orange peel. That alerted me and so I emailed to inquire about the "folate." Many people have discovered that synthetic folic acid that is not in the methyl form is toxic for them, which is the case for me, so I have been avoiding it (so I thought) for a couple years. I was under the impression that if a label says "folate" it is safe. Sadly I was mistaken. Here was the reply I received from MegaFood: "The folate in these products are delivered in broccoli, which does have folate naturally occurring, however we do integrate additional folic acid into the broccoli to reach the potency we need..." I am writing this review in the hopes of saving other people from the bad effects of unknowingly ingesting synthetic folic acid, and to warn people that the labels are misleading.

Good Stuff

Posted by 4823551800173579982 on Nov 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Unlike other iron tablets this one doesn't give constipation at all.. I have been taking it for a month or so, haven't really seen so much diff but no side effects

Blood builder

Posted by 5095463777286283297 on Dec 24, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have used many iron supplements and this is by far the most effective product I have used. Great size too, don't have to purchase it too often.

1 2 3