Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Zinc is es sential for good health and widely known for boosting our immune system. It is also proven to reduce the duration of colds, support cell division, pro motes healing, support healthy libido, support fertility, preventing aromatization (converting of testosterone to estrogen), important for prostate health, an antioxidant, responsible for more than 100 enzyme activities, regulates DNA, RNA, insulin production, neces sary for optimum brain function and many others! It’s one of the most es sential mineral we require. This product is great as it is organic and free of pesticides etc. It uses a glas s bottle. Glas s bottle does not leech toxic gas ses and also better at preventing oxygen from entering the bottle. The best part is that the product delivers the zinc in whole foods instead of manufactured in a chemical lab. It is highly bioavailable and does not cause stomach upset. This is highly beneficial when I start to fall sick. I can take as many as up to 5 tablets on empty stomach and it will curb the sicknes s at its buds without any side effects. The products come with significant amount of other immune boosters. Note that since copper requires the same amino acid as zinc for absorption, it might be wise to either take copper supplement or simply just take this tablet on an empty stomach instead of with food. The tablets are small, easy to swallow and suitable for vegetarian as well. The product does not contain magnesium stearate thought it uses silica as flow agent. Pricewise, this is the more expensive than New Chapter Zinc but it is vegan If you want a flow agent free, binder free, vegan capsules, you can try Garden of Life, Raw Zinc. Note that it is more expensive for both as well. Personally, it’s up to your choice. Check out my page for more reviews!

Good quality!

Posted by Reviewer1440576 on Sep 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is the second bottle I've ordered. I have noticed my fingernails are much stronger. I like that there are no fillers in this supplement.

Don't forget it

Posted by Reviewer1981731 on Jan 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

May help with prostate gland function, bone formation and liver protection... And getting it from a FOODSOURCE supplement liked Mega Foods is, in my opinion, the best way...

Good

Posted by Reviewer1878151 on Dec 06, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Good for improving mood.

I absorb this zinc

Posted by Health-YourWealth on Jun 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Lab test confirmed I absorb this zinc. Two different practitioners recommend MegaFood products for their bio-availability.

Works well

Posted by Reviewer1374200 on Oct 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Have found certain fungal infections have shown signs of clearing up as well as imprved digestion, this is in the case of almost certain long term deficiency so not sure how it fairs as a regular supplement compared to a good diet.

M.H.

Posted by Reviewer1386692 on Dec 10, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My doctor recommended this to help support thyroid function.

Easy on the stomach

Posted by greenfern on Jan 04, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I started taking this zinc supplement after synthetic zinc supplements caused me to vomit violently. I can take this supplement on an empty stomach with not even a hint of nausea!

Highly absorbable

Posted by Reviewer2025838 on Feb 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Megafood's entire line is highly absorbable and their zinc is no exception.

The best zinc for pyroluria

Posted by PurplePegasus on Sep 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I tried a cheap $4 zinc supplement and, unfortunately, that did not work for me, it made my symptoms worse. This is the only zinc with which I can get relief from the severe symptoms of zinc deficiency caused by pyroluria. This does not cure the genetic illness but it is effectively absorbed and treats my severe deficiency symptoms. Just wish it weren't four times as expensive as the standard one. A life saver, nevertheless.

1 2