Good!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

but expiry date is pretty short after opening.

So grainy with a nice flavor to it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 13, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I live in South Korea and cannot find decent bread easily. I was excited to learn that Iherb had good quality bread and read the reviews on this. This particular shipment was held up in customs for over a week and I was really annoyed and worried that I would get moldy bread delivered to me. When I received my package, to my pleasant surprise, I saw that the Mestemacher had an expiration date for May of 2016! I was glad that my bread wasn't moldy but then worried that the bread would contain all sorts of preservatives. The label states that there are no preservatives. I am not sure how it manages to stay good for so long, and it tastes nice as well. To keep it fresh, I put it into a vacuum seal bag in the fridge. Tip* You should toast the bread as it sometimes breaks in half when you try and take it out. Use a knife, like you would when using a letter opener to an envelope, to take a slice out. Also, one slice is pretty hardy for one person. The first day, I shared 3 slices of bread ( I bought 3 different kinds) with my husband, and we got so full. It was a bit much. I think the Pumpernickel tastes nicer than the Whole Rye Bread. I also bought the Bavarian Gluten Free, which is also nice and lighter than the other two.

Healthy bread option

Posted by cleaneat on May 09, 2015 | Verified Purchase

It is really hard to get whole grain bread here in Korea, most supermarkets sell only white bread and I have not seen whole grain bread anywhere on the shelve yet. Iherb saved me from only eating those white bread here. It definitely has a strong flavour but I am getting a hang of it. I bought a few and put them in the fridge and my bet is that they will be okay as long as I don't open the plastic cover until I want to eat one. Once you open it, it needs to be consumed within 5 days, provided that you store them in the fridge. :)

Amazing rye bread option

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 28, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Delicious bread and good price! I keep ordering this almost every time because it is hard to find decent rye bread in Australia.

High Fiber German Bread.

Posted by Boni77 on Jan 13, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This bread is very healthy high fiber German bread. I can't find market ,so happy to buy in iHerb. Strong flavor ..... Rye , Sunflower bread (red. yellow package) is better if you would like to try these kind of bread for 1st time. Love to eat toasted with peanut butter ,creamcheese or ham and cheese and veggie.

Excellent genuine pumpernickel!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Super, delicious, fresh, high-fiber product, so glad I found it at iHerb. Our local Aldi sells these dark German breads but only seasonally, so now at iHerb I have a year-round source! Yay! I love this bread best toasted, with peanut butter. Yum! To keep it fresh, be sure to store it in a zippie bag in the refrigerator once you open the package. I've also had good luck freezing unopened packages, for longer storage (couple of months). Defrosts perfectly and is still delicious. I will definitely buy again.

Tasty but

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 05, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I wish the rye kernels were still whole. Just a very picky request however, I like how most pumpernickel is chewy, this one lacked a little bit of chew.

Pumpernickel

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It is a little to strong for our taste...the bread is still a good choice for sandwiches

Love the Mestmacher products

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 12, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I am a long time fan of the Mestermacher whole rye products. They have only a few simple ingredients, and are more filling and satisfying than regular breads. I was thrilled to find them so easily ordered on the Internet. They are easily freezable son I can order several loaves at a time. They were fresher than I have sometimes found them in the stores.

Yum!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 04, 2015 | Verified Purchase

After living for years in a country without real, dark bread readily available (or affordable), this bread is a real treat. It has an incredible shelf life, so no worries about shipping time. The slices are thin but dense and while they may be a little fragile, they are very filling and stiffen up well when toasted (and taste even better toasted, mm...) The only downside is that once you open the package, you need to put them in the fridge and finish the package within 4 to 5 days. But if you're anything like me, that won't be an issue :)

1 2 3 4