Decent healthy bread

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

TL;DR - Decent, cheap, healthy bread. Pros: Very healthy Good taste when coupled with other strong tastes (PB/jam, maybe a sandwich with good cheese, etc) Packaged and can last awhile until opened (unlike bakery breads that should eaten within a week or two) Cons: Strong bitter taste. Eat this with something like like honey and the bread is overpowering Crumbly and doesn't toast well (might be better as just a sandwich bread) Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the amount of healthy bread at this price. It's not the best tasting thing, or the easiest to eat when toasted, but it's still pretty decent. I prefer with peanut butter and jam. I've tried it with honey and the bread was overpowering the honey's taste. A sandwich with a good cheese might be decent, but any bland sandwich will likely be overpowered by the bread's taste again. Since I live in a country where "healthy" bread is still just enriched white bread, colored brown, with maybe a couple grams of dietary fiber, this product is a great pickup for me as it's decent tasting and cheap. If you live in a country where healthy bread is a more viable option, I would suggest hitting up the bakery.

Why are you not selling the organic version?

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 04, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I am German and I've been eating this bread for years. I love it. The supermarket in my city (which is often out of stock) sells the organic version. As I love iherb's convenience, I've been ordering this bread for quite a while now via iherb. I've only now realized to my horror that iherb is selling a non-organic version. What gives? Why are you not selling the organic version? I will stop ordering this bread from iherb until you start stocking the organic version.

This bread is the best!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I regularly order Mestemacher breads and have them shipped to my residence in South Korea, as I can't find anything like this here. The bread keeps really well in the freezer if you don't eat much bread. It is very filling and great toasted.

great taste!

Posted by nirinki on Sep 25, 2013 | Verified Purchase

my favorite bread at the moment .. away from home (russia) where this kind of bread is widely available and cheap I either make my own or buy this brand

loving the taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

you feel that you eat something very good for you:) it is tasty, and you can eat 1 piece and not to be hungry for few hours. loving the seeds.

Great bread

Posted by ResponsibleConsumer on Mar 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Always a healthy alternative to starchy white bread

Sunflower seed bread

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The same goes with this ,tasty

Great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I don't use this for sandwiche bread, but the way I do like to eat this is as a toast with simple organic buttery spread. Yum! And this product, like most other breads freezes and thaws well too.

toast it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 25, 2016 | Verified Purchase

It's not very good out of the package. The texture is pretty dry, brittle and generally unenjoyable. However when it heated it's pretty good.

Healthy and Yummy

Posted by tester on Aug 17, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The bread is nice but the pieces are so thin and easy to break.

1 2 3